file New set in 2012

14 Nov 2011 21:08 #14181 by brandonsantacruz

I do wonder if there is actually ANYTHING being done to find us a new printing house (ready to pay for the licence). Doubts arrive.

You mean like WotC, WW, or CCP? Apparently the profit margin is too low for big companies. What would you suggest? This is a total tangent worthy of another thread if you want to pursue it.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2011 21:20 #14186 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: New set in 2012
Is this an official announcement? Because there is nothing on the official website yet. If it is true, I am very disappointed in V:EKN for not having an announcement prepared for the main website the day after the EC.

:trem:

More
14 Nov 2011 21:54 - 14 Nov 2011 21:55 #14200 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: New set in 2012
Problems of a volunteer organization; when life intervenes, then life intervenes... :(

I'm hoping for an inofficial official announcement/progress report on this soonish.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 14 Nov 2011 21:55 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
14 Nov 2011 22:06 #14204 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: New set in 2012

To be honest I hope it is a closed group. If we all discuss on that matter the new expansion would never see light (or at least not befort 2013 I fear).

Why?

Sure some people, a design team, has to lead this and take the final decisions, but I was thinking something like posting the cards here before deciding "This is the new cards". A community is a resource.

After the on-topic discussion and a few messages I've had with people like Ira, the Design Team have had their eye on the cards being proposed in the thread. That is the point where the community has had its chance to input, via our ideas, our collective feedback on those cards, the motivations behind our creations and so on. So, as I understand it, the Design Team having read many of these will have cherry picked ideas and cards then either directly copied them or modified them so that they balance in their opinions. These cards will then be playtested by the chosen playtesting people and another loop of feedback will be given to the Design Team who will then use to create the Final Proof of the cards.

In the meantime, I hope there are plenty of artists who have responded to the callout and/or people working steadily at contacting artists who would work pro-bono or for a small commission. I know I have been putting artworks out with full credit (and I probably should have asked each of them if I could use their art, but since I don't plan to do anything more than copy, crop and credit... I assumed they wouldn't mind the publicity).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Nov 2011 21:04 #15131 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: New set in 2012

To be honest I hope it is a closed group. If we all discuss on that matter the new expansion would never see light (or at least not befort 2013 I fear).

Why?

Sure some people, a design team, has to lead this and take the final decisions, but I was thinking something like posting the cards here before deciding "This is the new cards". A community is a resource.

After the on-topic discussion and a few messages I've had with people like Ira, the Design Team have had their eye on the cards being proposed in the thread. That is the point where the community has had its chance to input, via our ideas, our collective feedback on those cards, the motivations behind our creations and so on. So, as I understand it, the Design Team having read many of these will have cherry picked ideas and cards then either directly copied them or modified them so that they balance in their opinions. These cards will then be playtested by the chosen playtesting people and another loop of feedback will be given to the Design Team who will then use to create the Final Proof of the cards.

In the meantime, I hope there are plenty of artists who have responded to the callout and/or people working steadily at contacting artists who would work pro-bono or for a small commission. I know I have been putting artworks out with full credit (and I probably should have asked each of them if I could use their art, but since I don't plan to do anything more than copy, crop and credit... I assumed they wouldn't mind the publicity).

I couldn´t agree more.

More
21 Nov 2011 10:13 #15207 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: New set in 2012
Just a comment on the size of the set (20-30 cards). That is not enough to fill the gap in Sabbat group 5. Will the next set be library cards only? Is there a plan to get vampires out later?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds