map-pin Announce your Presence

14 Feb 2014 04:57 #59171 by KsToaDangr
Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to check out his Ebay page. I'm currently rereading the Masquerade of the Red Death trilogy.

I know the feeling about the prices going up. I hosted a V:TM game about 2 years ago, and had to buy about 20 of the RPG books just because different players kept asking me questions beforehand that I couldn't answer.

On the "generous friends" note, it's actually a generous friend that got me started back in the 90s. i was hanging out with him, and he told me about the game, and gave me about 350 cards to start up my collection. lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2014 13:10 - 14 Feb 2014 13:20 #59175 by Legendre
I didn't realize that there *was* a thread for announcing yourself. I've been remiss.

My first name is Michael. I'm an attorney/philosopher living in Southern California (Orange County), where I don't get nearly enough time to play VTES.

I started playing the week the game came out, and haven't stopped. I'm not a heavy tournament player -- mostly because I'm busier than crap and I hate playing with time limits.

I hate master card decks and Pentex, think most of the Dark Sovereigns Location Master Cards should be errata'd to reduce their cost, believe strongly in the notion of house rules, prefer the Camarilla Edition format to all others both in terms of card layout and print quality, hold Villein to be a serious design mistake, hold the PTW rule in utter and total contempt, like playing Toolbox decks, can't stand it when people insist that the rules to this game are clear and unambiguous, and have spent more on sleeving my VTES decks than I did on Wine Futures last year.

I'm happy to be a part of the VEKN community, because this is the best game since Poker. I actually like it more than Poker, but I'm objectively realistic about the fact that Poker is just simply a better game.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2014 13:20 by Legendre. Reason: Added to the list of things I think and like.

More
14 Feb 2014 15:40 #59176 by ReverendRevolver
Ks, Red Death was removed from canon fiction, but not before cards that tied in made it to vtes cards. And yea, vtm was sourcebook heavy at times. Makes vtes rules look organized..... well, almost.....

Legendre, i agree with alot of your views, but as a fan of my cards always doing what they say they do, i hate house rules. I also play tournaments though, and with a wide spread of people, so house rules arent so hot....

Ce layout is optimal in many ways, ive just become less picky about layouts due to cheapness.

Pentex has its place, but can be annoying. I too detest master decks in thier current format. Running Anson and 22 masters in a combat deck is one thing, but tablets/liquidation/recursion spam needs to die. I incidentally love ashurs, and theyd be perfect if only useable on minion cards.

Time limits have thier place, but if you enjoy toolboxes, you hate some moron taking 45 minute imbued turns making the game never get to where your deck thrives. I know the feeling.

More
21 Feb 2014 11:47 #59292 by KsToaDangr

Ks, Red Death was removed from canon fiction, but not before cards that tied in made it to vtes cards. And yea, vtm was sourcebook heavy at times. Makes vtes rules look organized..... well, almost.....

Honestly, I couldn't care less if the books are canon or not. I still like reading them.

Just got a 1st edition V:TES sealed starter box really cheap yesterday. 3 Jyhad starters, a bag of blood counters, and a sealed Jyhad booster pack were thrown in for free. good start to rebuilding my collection, I think.

I've realized that I've been out of the game for so long that I don't even know about most of the expansions. The last cards I bought when I was playing were from The Sabbat. I wish I could find some of the older sets now, but no one seems to want to sell them. I've been looking around, but most people only seem to sell single cards, and i actually prefer buying booster packs and going with the surprise aspect instead of buying singles.

More
21 Feb 2014 21:39 #59300 by Lönkka

The last cards I bought when I was playing were from The Sabbat. I wish I could find some of the older sets now, but no one seems to want to sell them. I've been looking around, but most people only seem to sell single cards, and i actually prefer buying booster packs and going with the surprise aspect instead of buying singles.

Sabbat boosters, fr example, are not cheap.

ATM there is one single booster being sold at Ebay for 13.13 euros as BIN.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KsToaDangr

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Feb 2014 18:33 #59482 by Coraje187
Hi I'm Jesse from Ohio and people call me Coraje. I played the Vampire the Masquerade RPG for years with my friends. Then I found out about the card game just a few days ago. Joined to learn more about it. Like card games and the Vampire RPGs or just White Wolf in general was good, I also like that there is a lot to this game.
My Favorite Clan was Cappadocian so I guess I will look at making a deck with Giovanni. Hope to lean here, great site thanks. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds