map-pin Announce your Presence

10 Sep 2014 23:47 #65406 by Stu
Replied by Stu on topic Re: Announce your Presence
Hey people, this is Stu from the Hollywood days, late 94-98, and a bit into the next century.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, BenPeal, Silmegil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2015 02:39 #68421 by gakaiser
Replied by gakaiser on topic Re: Announce your Presence
Hi all, I'm Andy from Aston PA, in the southwestern Philadelphia suburbs. I played V:TES back when it first came out, from Jyhad until Sabbat in '96, but kind of lost track of the game when WotC bailed on it. To add insult to injury, my friend was hanging on to all the cards collectively owned by me, my brother, and himself, and proceeded to throw them away when he moved. (A truly painful "my mom threw out my baseball card collection" moment!) All that remains from my original collection is a pretty sorry deck I had assembled at one point of Tremere and some Gargoyle / Visceritika cards I bought from the Bloodlines expansion on a whim.

Fast forward to last year when I was talking to some V:TES players at Templecon, who got my interest piqued again. Over the past year I've acquired a few decks from eBay, conned my wife and another friend into playing a few games, and signed up for my first tournament in February at this year's Templecon. With any luck, maybe I'll jump start a new cult following at my local game shop!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, BenPeal, extrala, D-dennis

More
02 Jan 2015 08:52 #68427 by chrisn101
Hi, I'm Chris Nelson, I live near Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, in the UK (about 50 miles north of London). Started playing VTES after trying out the LARP, so maybe 1999/2000. Essentially stopped when I went to university in '03, guess I started playing again about ~2009 although I think only regularly since 2014. Most of my collection is G1-3 crypt and a few library cards after 10th anniversary, and mostly from the precon decks as opposed to boosters/singles.

Current favourite deck: Samedi. When I've got some time next week, will work on a Harbingers/Samedi or Harbingers/!Ventrue deck and see how well that goes down the next time the local playgroup gets together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, BenPeal, extrala

More
14 Sep 2015 07:40 - 14 Sep 2015 07:42 #73104 by Bloodartist
Hello, kindred.

I'm Juha Laukkanen, hailing from Helsinki, Finland. I'm a long-time fan of VtM and I started playing VTES about 1,5 years ago, but haven't actually managed to play it offline much during this time. I am primarily a magic the gathering player (started in '95) and a android:netrunner player, and all three mentioned games(and one other I play) essentially keep their offline gaming nights on exact same weekday (wednesday) here in Helsinki. Until recently I simply couldn't fit VTES to my schedule much, but lately netrunner has been trending down (I do not like the tournament meta currently) and I decided to concentrate more on VTES.

I managed to put together a nice deck, my understanding of the game has grown, and I've been enjoying VTES last couple weeks so I will most likely continue playing it. I decided to register to this site now that my VTES is getting more 'serious'. I haven't been to any VTES tournaments yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 14 Sep 2015 07:42 by Bloodartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
27 Sep 2015 12:14 - 27 Sep 2015 12:15 #73354 by gcwilson67
Hi there,

My name is Guy Wilson and I'm from Bridlington, a small seaside town on the East Coast of the UK. I am keen gamer and have played VTES on and off since its inception way back when. Unfortunately, I don't get chance to play VTES as often as I would like, but I do regularly keep up to date on the game's developments.

The reason I have only just joined the forum, however, is that, after seeing Septembers Newsletter and the call out for volunteers to design a pdf rulebook, I thought I would put forward some ideas and see what you folks think.

I will start a new topic in the Ideas to Develop section of the forum and was wondering if there was anything I should consider with regards to posting attachments, other than file type and size.

Cheers
Last edit: 27 Sep 2015 12:15 by gcwilson67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis

More
28 Sep 2015 05:13 #73358 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Announce your Presence
Welcome aboard mate!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds