file Pentex Subversion poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a change to the card text and/or cost of Pentex Subversion? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
07 Jan 2012 09:26 #20240 by Ohlmann

The only superstar deck that is problematic is Una.

That's not what I try to say.

Deck based on 1-cap or 2-cap caitiff / pander are weak and very susceptible to some specific cards that happen to be effective on their own. Exactly like superstars decks.

Nobody lobby to make them as powerful as any other deck. So, I don't take for granted that VEKN should reinforce star deck, and as an individual I find them not all that intersting and a bit silly, meaning I'm not too much for changing Pentex to please thoses decks.

You may want as a personal taste to reinforce tjem. But that's a personnal taste to reinforce thoses decks, exactly like I have a personnal taste for combat ; it's definitely (emphatically ?) not to help game balance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2012 13:14 #20247 by blackday
actually another superstar deck would be a Lucian the Perfect bleed deck. If you live past turn 5 your in business just pack weenie with dominate for deflects and its pretty much runs on its own.

More
07 Jan 2012 13:16 #20248 by blackday
but back to the discussion at hand, Pentex should remain as it is. A strong poss game changing but unique card.

More
07 Jan 2012 21:37 #20265 by KevinM

And then again, the real question is not "is pentex bad for the game ?" but "do people want to see superstar deck more powerful".

I'm not too thrilled by those deck, and in fact the Eze deck (maybe not the one used by mephistoles since I don't know him, but the archetype that equip 10+ equipment on their Eze to make him unstoppable) is more toxic to the game than good, especially if we remove its main problem.

Given that I don't even KNOW which 'Eze deck' you are referring to, I think the deck is far less toxic to the game than you believe it to be.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
07 Jan 2012 21:40 #20266 by KevinM

The only superstar deck that is problematic is Una.

There are numerous "block fails" cards that can take down superstar block decks, not to mention Sensory Deprivation and other such cards.

It's funny that you mention Sense Dep. I believe the Sense Dep mechanic to be FAR more un-fun and destructive to the game than Pentex Subversion. At least you can try to REMOVE Pentex Subversion.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
07 Jan 2012 21:43 #20267 by Haze
I'd be a lot more scared of 10 weenies each equipping one camera phone than one 11-cap grabbing 10 different items.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds