file Most underrated card?

06 Nov 2011 08:11 #13437 by Joscha
Most underrated card? was created by Joscha
There are cards many players don't give a thought. But they can be very effective. I wonder what do you think which is the most underrated card in V:TES?

Library card: I think most people underestimate the power of Banishment. Its effect can be game deciding. Especially in this time with all the Villeins around a Banishment in the right time is awesome.

Crypt card: No idea yet.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2011 14:02 #13445 by Mephistopheles
Most Underrated Card. Grooming the Protege.

You can't imagine how often I get asked or mocked why I play Grooming in my Brujah Alastor deck and no Villeins. I think people don't understand the real power of Grooming and I am happy with that. So I won't explain why I think Grooming is an awesome card.

As for Banishment: I don't know how your meta is like, but I see it played a lot. There is hardly a table in a tournament here without at least 1 Banishment being played.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
06 Nov 2011 14:09 #13446 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Most underrated card?

Library card: I think most people underestimate the power of Banishment. Its effect can be game deciding. Especially in this time with all the Villeins around a Banishment in the right time is awesome.

I can't imagine anyone underestimating the power of Banishment. It was a card that was so crazily overpowered that it got downgraded years ago. It is a card that elicits groans every time it sees play. Banishment is stupidly powerful, still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mephistopheles, TorranceCircle

More
06 Nov 2011 14:18 #13449 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Most underrated card?

Most Underrated Card. Grooming the Protege.

You can't imagine how often I get asked or mocked why I play Grooming in my Brujah Alastor deck and no Villeins. I think people don't understand the real power of Grooming and I am happy with that. So I won't explain why I think Grooming is an awesome card.

As for Banishment: I don't know how your meta is like, but I see it played a lot. There is hardly a table in a tournament here without at least 1 Banishment being played.

As many times before, I agree 100% with Mr. Major.
I've always found it odd that people choose to play combat, when one Banishment card (and plus 2 or 3 cards, with vote push + Freak Drive or stealth) do almost the same effect and leaves you slots to actually kill your prey.

When Protect Thine Own was banned, I was one of the few people that used it allot that didn't cry about it.
Banishment works on everybody.

Note: Yeah, I play with Arika allot.

More
06 Nov 2011 15:03 #13458 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Most underrated card?
One of the most underrated card I know is Erciyes Fragments. For me, it's simply the best card of VTES (provided you don't play weenie 1 discipline of course). The better the deck of your prey is, the stronger the card. Need an option that isn't in your deck? There are chances your prey have it.
I don't see it very often on the tables.

For the vampires, I guess Bernard the Scourge and Nicomedes should be played more often for their extraordinary powerful specials.

Name: The Erciyes Fragments
Cardtype: Master
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Tap this card to move a library card from your prey's ash heap to this card, face down. You may look at that card at any time. You may play the card from the Fragments as if playing it from your hand (requirements and cost, if any, apply as normal). When that card is burned, remove it from the game instead. Only 1 card can be on this card at a time. Any vampire with a capacity above 4 can steal the Fragments (and any card on it) for his or her controller as a (D) action.

Name: Nicomedes
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Harbinger of Skulls
Group: 4
Capacity: 5
Discipline: aus for nec vic
Sabbat. Black Hand: Once each of your turns, Nicomedes may burn a blood to shuffle your hand into your library (draw afterward).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
06 Nov 2011 15:59 #13465 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Most underrated card?
Here are a few underrated cards that I have used to great effectiveness:

Gather - Most people never take the action to get rid of it, which usually means a "free" minion for you, and since it's a Gangrel card, it it usually followed by a Freak Drive, which means it was a "free" action. You can also do the Gather-House of Sorrow trick, if you're so inclined.

Arson - It's free, and the all-purpose, non-limited usage is incredibly powerful, especially if a particular location is going to be a bother to your deck.

Police Department - It's free, it doesn't have a removal clause, and it stops the presses that are likely to kill your minions.

Charming Lobby - It's free, gives you +2 votes to do what your deck does anyway, and gives a lingering effect to allow you to force through those highly unlikeable votes.

Underbridge Stray - It's a cheap ally that can block, it provides a permanent untap(!), and similarly to Police Department, it provides a press (either way), which can often save you, or help kill your enemies.

Veles' Hunt - This is only really played in one deck, but in that deck, it's PTO. Note that PTO has been banned...

Jackie Therman - She's free, and to decks that can't via their disciplines, she provides a much-needed maneuver. And use the VTES hot-redhead version, will you?

Last Stand - While people are continually trying to get Momentum's Edge to work, and asking themselves why it doesn't work, I'm winning games with Last Stand. No other card in the game allows you to do what this does. It's ridiculously powerful and should be in every power-bleed deck.

The Bitter and Sweet Story - Another powerful card that should be in every power-bleed deck. You're going to get 1vp. That's just a fact. And when you get it, you'll get a 29% increase in your hand size, which will allow you to get out of hand-jam situations MUCH easier. And it doesn't matter that it's a global effect, because no deck is rewarded for a larger hand size than a bleed deck is.

Psychic Veil - I've played 1-2 of these in every obfuscate deck since the olden days and it's always been amazing. At [obf], it's for all your vampires, and given how many weenie-obf decks are out there, 1 blood for +4, +5, or +6 stealth is pretty damn good.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds