file Most underrated card?

08 Nov 2011 06:54 #13698 by Alex O
Replied by Alex O on topic Re: Most underrated card?
Entrancement has always been in my PRE decks, mostly for Ossian. It's free!
Fleetness for Unnamed bleeds and constant pressure from a multiacting Ishtarri or Joe Boot deck.

My favourite underdog vote card is Finding the Path. It's not a shotgun blast like Reckless Agitation or even the usual KRC. Compared to what you could be throwing down, its not as likely to be blocked, and you're making friends cross table. The perfect companion to Charming Lobby (and that Reckless Ag in your hand)

:salu: :OBE: :FOR: :AUS: :THA: :PRE: :obf:
Agitate Responsibly, but Influence Unduly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2011 07:51 #13704 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Most underrated card?
Entrancement is most certainly not underrated!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Nov 2011 08:41 #13708 by Mephistopheles

I like Sennadurek a lot. She's pefect with Telepathic Misdirection.

Regarding library cards, I'd pick Conceal, Amaranth and Command.
Conceal deals with pretty much any anoying stuff (Secure Haven, Ivory Bow, Heart of Nizchetus)
Amaranth is a permanent removal of a vampire, with an affordable cost (most often, losing that 3-cap with vic or pro), and, if you happen to also have the votelock, it has no drawback (except for Carlton..)
Command is, for me, an equivalent to Pentex, with the slight difference that you can play it *with* Pentex. Of course, it only works on allies, but who doesn't have a Carlton / Imbued / Nephandus in play

A loved my 8 Amaranth in my Hardestadt eats the world deck and I played Command in my Salubri + DOM/FOR bleed deck. Command made me several vp's. I also like Conceal a lot. So I fully agree with Pascal on this.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
08 Nov 2011 09:38 #13717 by Menteith
Replied by Menteith on topic Re: Most underrated card?

My favourite underdog vote card is Finding the Path. It's not a shotgun blast like Reckless Agitation or even the usual KRC. Compared to what you could be throwing down, its not as likely to be blocked, and you're making friends cross table. The perfect companion to Charming Lobby (and that Reckless Ag in your hand)

Speaking of Votes: Honor the Elders. Even when it gets you a net gain of 6 most players will allow you to pass it (the people with votes usually profit) and often don't even realise what has happened.

Sebastian

More
08 Nov 2011 10:40 #13720 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Most underrated card?
Perhaps not the most underrated cards, let alone powerful, but I'm partial to Status Perfectus, Meat Hook, Bloodstone, and Ghoul Messenger. They're pretty well overlooked in my experience, however.

Status Perfectus helps with blood management, and has on more than one occasion prevented a mandatory empty hunt with a minion who wouldn't be able to get it through. At the end game those desperate lunges and forced hunts can mean VPs or being exposed for the oust.

Meat Hook is a permanent superior Mighty Grapple with a semi-trap option for vampires w/ potence to waste a strike -- and it works with melee strike cards, too. Cheap grinder hitback. Also Concealable. Nice for non-add-strike decks.

Bloodstone is a finesse card which I've received the most colorful post-game comments. I've had players talk about how upset they were with that little equipment getting in the way. Hey, if it buys me time, how bad can it be? Also useful in "assisting" that S&B grand-predator flush out their stealth on your predator; keeps you alive, they run low eventually... Even weenie support moving the Bloodstone equipment away stresses minion management issues later. An unfairly maligned card, I think.

Ghoul Messenger is the Leather Jacket hunt action for Laibon. Even in destruction by being blocked it helps because combat is canceled. A nice way to recoup blood for a turn and stay on the defensive without stressing your wakes.

More
08 Nov 2011 14:30 - 08 Nov 2011 14:31 #13736 by jamesatzephyr

From my past, I've found "Behind You!" "Deny" to be invaluable. I've frustrated Dorrinal plenty of times by outmaneuvering and outpressing him with my Malkavians!

Behind You! got quite a bit of love in the early days of V:TES. Obf/Pot and Cel/Pot fought quite hard for the rush deck combat crown, and Obf/Pot had some advantages over Cel/Pot, particularly in terms of weenie-fying slightly better, as I remember. BY! was a key component of being able to set range.

Along similar lines, Matt Green (GreenO) is easily provoked into enthusing about Deer Rifle for defensive purposes.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2011 14:31 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds