file Most underrated card?

06 Nov 2011 19:41 #13485 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Most underrated card?

The Bitter and Sweet Story
Psychic Veil

Major Boon.

Seconded!

I'd also like to mention Blood of the Sabbat.
Works like Perfectionist, but the (D)-action just needs to be succesful (ie. Reactions don't matter). It also works multiple times per turn, so for multi (D)-acting minions, such as Una, it is pure gold.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
06 Nov 2011 20:26 #13487 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Most underrated card?

Arson - It's free, and the all-purpose, non-limited usage is incredibly powerful, especially if a particular location is going to be a bother to your deck.

totally agreed. It's funny how often I see decks that rely too much on having some special location in play, like Ankara Citadel or Parthenon or Monastery of Shadows. poof!
I've sometimes even used Zoning Board in decks just to get rid of locations. I don't care if they get the pool cost back; it will slow down those decks heavily.

Underbridge Stray - It's a cheap ally that can block, it provides a permanent untap(!), and similarly to Police Department, it provides a press (either way), which can often save you, or help kill your enemies.

My favorite part about this ally is that it's practically impossible to steal. I don't see these doggies enough in animalism decks.

my recent underrated card I've been looking at is Behind You(!). with superior OBF, I think it's better than the majority of Celerity combat cards. not a single celerity card gives you the option of maneuver/dodge, which is so versatile for both offense and defense.
one time I handed a brand-new player a malkavian deck to play his first game. it was standard stealth bleed, but just for a little fun I added some wacky combat defense. Disguised Weapon + Improvised Flamethrower, Dodge, Behind You. Even though he was sitting between TWO long-range combat decks, thanks to the use of Behind You he never once got the flamethrower exploded. I was very impressed by this overlooked obfuscate card.

More
07 Nov 2011 04:34 #13495 by TorranceCircle

I'd also like to mention Blood of the Sabbat.
Works like Perfectionist, but the (D)-action just needs to be succesful (ie. Reactions don't matter). It also works multiple times per turn, so for multi (D)-acting minions, such as Una, it is pure gold.

I agree, I like blood of sabbat too.

Crypt card: Gravitnir, I haven't seen him played alot. His special can single handedly stop many vote decks. not all but many.

More
07 Nov 2011 05:03 #13497 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Most underrated card?

Crypt card: Gravitnir, I haven't seen him played alot. His special can single handedly stop many vote decks. not all but many.

In my weenie Presence voter I also use some Celerity (Brujahs and Toreadors) which enables me to use Scalpel Tongues which function like Gravitnir. Great for swinging the vote to your favour.

Just in yesterday's tournaments sidegame (during the finals) it worked very well.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Nov 2011 05:28 #13498 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Most underrated card?
I vote for Pentex Subversion. It is obviously underrated if it is still not banned. ;)

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
07 Nov 2011 06:27 #13502 by Juggernaut1981
This vampire is a single-minion Wall just about. Inferior dominate is her only drawback. Untap a minion, look at people's hands and all because other people want the edge??? She flicks, she blocks, she has :NEC: for all of the dead-people shennanigans, she fits in well pretty well with Tremere and Harbringers... a little Fortitude or Thaumaturgy and she's all ready to be a powerhouse. This vampire seriously does not see enough play.

Sennadurek
Clan: Nagaraja (group 4)
Capacity: 6
Disciplines: AUS NEC dom
Sabbat. Black Hand: Whenever a Methuselah loses the Edge when it is not your turn, Sennadurek untaps, and you may look at that Methuselah's hand. Scarce.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds