file Most underrated card?

18 Nov 2011 22:00 #14948 by brandonsantacruz

Sure, let's add more cards to the combo. Two Conditionings or Legal Manipulations change the math too. In favor of bleeding.

You're right, Conditioning has never really had its due.... :laugh:

I use Humanitas in my ANI rush deck for the rescue-dunk trick. It also seconds as a good way to rescue your own vampires (+1 stealth, -1 cost with no pool or blood cost to play). Recently my prey was sitting on a ton of bounce; I ousted him without bleeding once. In that game I didn't get to rescue/dunk with Humanitas because someone burned by third vampire, but I think it helped me get my own guy out of torpor. :dry:

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2011 22:45 #14949 by Charles_Bronson
In my monopotence deck, I use humanitas and catacombs...and 14 horseshoes.

be careful of famous people being hit in the mid of show by a horseshoes! lol!

also, they are great because small vampires can't pay well rescue cost.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
06 Dec 2011 10:44 #17229 by jiazhouhuaqiao
Crypt: To me the obvious choice here is Sascha Vykos adv. Only Giotto Verducci comes close to the same amount of card draw, and Sascha is clearly better having a 2 vote title and no infernal. You draw a card each time another methuselah plays a master. That's maybe 40 cards throughout a round.

Library: I like Metro Underground but you've got to compare it with all the other Master cards out there vying for 15-20 Master slots in a normal library. The cost of playing Metro Underground is that you aren't playing a different master.

I think Finding the Path is underrated. It's a lot easier to pass than KRC and it still does a significant swing of 5 pool.

For Masters, I find Golconda to be underplayed.

Other surprises that are underplayed are Procurer, and the Dodges to go with them.

More
06 Dec 2011 11:20 #17231 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Most underrated card?

Library: I like Metro Underground but you've got to compare it with all the other Master cards out there vying for 15-20 Master slots in a normal library. The cost of playing Metro Underground is that you aren't playing a different master.

The irony here is that you posting that bit is *exactly* why Metro Underground is so underrated.

More
06 Dec 2011 15:51 - 06 Dec 2011 15:53 #17258 by Wedge
Replied by Wedge on topic Re: Most underrated card?
Aranthebes, The Immortal

:action: Action

:pool:

+1 stealth action. Unique.
Put this card into play. You may tap Aranthebes to give a minion controlled by your predator -1 stealth for the current action. While Aranthebes is untapped, vampires with a capacity less than 5 get -1 bleed when bleeding you. Any vampire with a capacity above 4 can move Aranthebes to your library as a (D) action. Shuffle afterward.

Permanent "intercept" on your predator, the bleed reduction for weenies is just a bonus.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2011 15:53 by Wedge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
06 Dec 2011 18:01 #17277 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Most underrated card?

Aranthebes, The Immortal

Underrated? I see this card all the time.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds