file On Parity Shift 6. "problematic card".

02 Dec 2011 22:02 - 02 Dec 2011 22:05 #16881 by Haze

a crazy hypothesis:
since parity shift always seems to spawn the most table discussion when played, yet it doesn't really add or remove pool from the table but just moves it around, perhaps it is partly responsible for timed out tables? banning or limiting it might speed up the average game length! :)

it's a trifle factor but I wonder if there's any truth to it

Consanguineous Boon creates pool, which is worse. Ban Consanguineous Boon. :)

true, but there's rarely any discussion and nitpicky negotiation on the conboon's terms. they pick a clan, someone gets pool, which they'll soon squander anyway. Parity Shift doesn't change the total pool on the table but gets the most tabletalk ever!

I could see some players actually taking this argument seriously. You know the types, the ones who see all other players as their prey and they MUST score the table sweep. they don't care who gets the Parity Shift pool because they want to oust everyone equally! ;)
Last edit: 02 Dec 2011 22:05 by Haze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2011 22:08 #16885 by Ankha

true, but there's rarely any discussion and nitpicky negotiation on the conboon's terms. they pick a clan, someone gets pool, which they'll soon squander anyway. Parity Shift doesn't change the total pool on the table but gets the most tabletalk ever!

I guess you're kidding. Table talk happens everytime, Bum's Rush should be banned too?

Silence of Death is a nice game format.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
02 Dec 2011 22:13 #16886 by Haze

I guess you're kidding. Table talk happens everytime, Bum's Rush should be banned too?

Silence of Death is a nice game format.

the joke here is that Con Boon and Bum's Rush makes stuff happen one way or another. Parity Shift just moves counters around so there's no real net effect on the table. That is the joke. *drum rimshot*

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds