file Please Ban The Unmasking

17 Jun 2013 22:36 #49972 by Jeff Kuta
As usual, so many of the posters here actually think the OP is complaining about how the card personally affects him, rather than understanding that he actually describes why he thinks the card is just a bad idea. He says it quite succinctly:

Why? Turning every ally into a +1 intercept minion is a HUGE change to the game state, one that can not be countered without a LOT of effort...

Make players actually put some effort into blocking with allies if that's what they really want to do. It {ed. ally wall} would still be a powerful strategy with all of the sources of intercept around, not even counting Imbued.

Events can't be blocked. They can't be Sudden'd/Washed. They can only (for all practical purposes) be undone by The Uncoiling.

Should events be as powerful as The Unmasking? That's the question to answer.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson, Dorrinal, Wedge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2013 04:04 #49973 by Szewski
You can cancel gehenna card as its played btw (unmasking is gehenna card right? :))

More
18 Jun 2013 05:52 #49976 by Pascal Bertrand

Events can't be blocked. They can't be Sudden'd/Washed. They can only (for all practical purposes) be undone by The Uncoiling.

Well, there are several options:
- :dem: Shattering (it's a +2 stealth action, btw)
- black hand: Black Hand Ritual (only has +1 stealth)
- MooT: Not to Be
- event: Uncoiling
- !Ventrue: Jan Pieterzoon adv.

More
18 Jun 2013 07:07 #49980 by Klaital
I play several Not to Be in my DoC breed boon, funnily enough, ever since I added them to the deck, I have never seen anyone even try to play Scourge of the Enochians against that deck... although I have still canceled dragonbound, unmasking, and anthelios on occasion, so they haven't been wasted slots. I personally think people don't play this card enough.

More
18 Jun 2013 09:20 - 18 Jun 2013 09:21 #49986 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Please Ban The Unmasking

As usual, so many of the posters here actually think the OP is complaining about how the card personally affects him, rather than understanding that he actually describes why he thinks the card is just a bad idea.

As usual the OP says a card is a bad idea instead of trying to cope with it.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 18 Jun 2013 09:21 by Joscha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
18 Jun 2013 09:37 #49987 by Ohlmann

As usual the OP says a card is a bad idea instead of trying to cope with it.

This argument work against any banishment. Including Return to Innocence and Protect Thine Own.

Now, I don't believe Unmasking being unbalanced. I believe permanent intercept being too widespread.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds