file Please Ban The Unmasking

18 Jun 2013 09:38 #49988 by Pendargon
I never had the feeling of "OMG, Unmasking is owerpowered". It is strong, sure, and highly unpleasant for some decks. But, it can be DI'ed, allies are already prone to various effects (and immune to others, but that is not the topic here. It is what it is, some decks just cope better, and some worse with it. What, Ventrues are now entitled to shout " ban New Carthage" because it shuts them down hard while giving Brujah huge boosts?

Plus, every serious tournament deck i made in the last year and a half, probably more has had Uncoiling in it, if nothing to get rid of that pesky anthelies that i keep seeing on almost every damn table.

There are far, far more problematic cards in Vtes, if you ask me...

Just my 2 pool

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2013 09:46 #49989 by Ohlmann

But, it can be DI'ed

Typo for Uncoiling, or there is an anti-event beginning by D I ?

Not that it decrease the strength of your arguments. I feel permanent intercept too disruptive and a factor for stalling, but it's not per see something unbeatable, as it is shown by the very fact that it don't win that much tournament.

More
18 Jun 2013 09:58 #49990 by extrala
I agree with (most of) what Pendargon said before. I just wanted to add that I have refrained from playing allies in tournaments for the past 2 years. Mostly for two reasons:
1. Animalism combat is quite popular and a lot of allies simply die against that sort of combat.
2. Presence has become more popular, too. These decks usually run 2-3 Entrancement, and this is nicely complemented by the use of Force of Personality and Perfect Paragon, making it much, much harder for effectively blocking Entrancement.

Sure Unmasking is strong. But if your deck is dependent on actions that rely on +1 stealth only, a whole lot of other things will stop you as well (the vampires with +1 intercept, decks that rely on 2nd Tradition, etc.)

More
18 Jun 2013 14:15 - 18 Jun 2013 14:16 #49996 by Charles_Bronson
Unmasking should not be cheap. For worse, its free.

Giving all your allies minions +1 intercept is simply too widespread. That should, at minimum sense, cost 2 pool. The "no replace" directive for the card is a sick joke.

If unmasking had a 3 pool cost, and a never replace directive, even so everyone who use allies would still use it without thinking. And it would be very effective.

So we know its overpowered.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 18 Jun 2013 14:16 by Charles_Bronson.

More
18 Jun 2013 14:49 #49997 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Please Ban The Unmasking

Unmasking should not be cheap. For worse, its free.

Giving all your allies minions +1 intercept is simply too widespread. That should, at minimum sense, cost 2 pool. The "no replace" directive for the card is a sick joke.

If unmasking had a 3 pool cost, and a never replace directive, even so everyone who use allies would still use it without thinking. And it would be very effective.

So we know its overpowered.

Seriously, what are these broken ally decks? Even more importantly, what are these decks that automatically lose to allies?

More
18 Jun 2013 18:08 #50001 by Klaital
Unmasking doesn't give YOUR allies +1 intercept, it gives EVERYONES allies +1 intercept.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds