exclamation-circle Cards Bans 2016 (Anthelios, the red star, Seeds of corruption,Temptation of Greater Power)

22 Jan 2016 20:14 #75187 by Ashur

Maybe people do not agree with the explanations that were given.

Maybe they would agree if they only bothered to understand.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2016 21:20 #75189 by Hakuron
I have read many opinions and a lot of arguing for a while now, and now I would appreciate to read about new decks, played games and won tournaments again.

Thank you! :)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho, Ylly

More
22 Jan 2016 23:41 #75192 by Vlad

,Banned cards kill strategies...

Not really. Banning Anthelios doesn´t destroy the current Tier 1 MMPA-based decks, as they are not totally dependent on Anthelios, it just makes them a bit too strong, the Rules Director thinks. So I have no idea why you keep on whining. Get over it.

Are you playing the troll ? Truly stupid ? Or only rude ???

Where did I whine ?
When did I ask for Anthelios or TOGP return ???

I am simply explaining what's happening in France and asking for an explanation of these ruling choices !

I don't think Vekn has become a dictatorship and you certainly are not entitled to force me to do anything !!!

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
23 Jan 2016 08:24 #75194 by Ashur

I don't think Vekn has become a dictatorship and you certainly are not entitled to force me to do anything !!!

I´m not trying to force you to do anything, I was just suggesting that you to get over this issue now, move on, maybe build new decks and just play the game.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
23 Jan 2016 11:04 #75197 by Robert Scythe
This has become overly ridiculous. Ban or errata any 3 or more cards from this game, with any good or shitty reason (though I haven't encountered a shitty one yet), and I'll deal with it and re-tune or change entirely or just scrap and create new decks. Anthelios was bent, though Dennis Lien created a very cool original deck that pretty much needed it in play so that he could use a hard-to-find-a-place-for vampire (Sonja Blue). Great idea www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=3066 it even used ToGP. That deck is done but so what? If Temptation were errata'd to not be targetable on a vampire you control, I'd be rather annoyed since I self-tempt a lot (may have been one of the earliest players to exploit that) but then I'll just find something else to do. I wasn't happy about Memories Of Mortality being banned but was less satisfied with the printing of the Imbued so, even though I had a couple of decks that utilized it, I flowed with it. The worst thing about banning a card is the problem of how hard it was to acquire without compensation for, not it's effect on the game. Bans and erratas do not screw with existing decks anymore than newer cards that can mess with current strategies making them less optimal. Just because a card was printed doesn't mean it needs to be in the game (Govern, Conditioning, Giant's Blood, current text for Pentex, et al). Chess took a while to perfect it's state, American rules football changes penalties and rulings over time, V:TES is working on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur, Boris The Blade, brettscho

More
24 Jan 2016 12:47 #75206 by cordovader

Maybe people do not agree with the explanations that were given.

Maybe they would agree if they only bothered to understand.

Maybe we don't agree because we don't agree with the reasons that were given. Maybe it's you that needs to understand other people's point of view, because you have given NO SINGLE TRUE REASON to justify your point of view. The only arguments you use to "defend" your opinion are quoting Pascal and saying "Anthelios is already banned so get over it".

If it's a matter of "how the game should be" and the VEKN decides it so, OK, nothing to discuss in terms of the reasons given (anyway in that case I think they would be exceeding their role, but that's a personal opinion). As far as I recall I have never voted the attributions the VEKN should have and neither have you. I repeat (for the narrow-minded), as I said in my first post in this thread: I value the work the VEKN is doing and if it was not for the volunteers the game would already be dead. Anyway, I think their job should be open to critics.

All this debate around "Anthelios was banned because MMPA decks are overpowered" is false and doesn't help the community (and this last is a personal opinion). What does "overpowered" mean? Do cards have a power equivalency and just being above the average makes a card overpowered? If this is the case, most of the cards making part of the TWDA should probably disapear.

The debate around "Anthelios was banned because it's abused by a certain type of decks, making it non-profatible for the rest of the players in a table" it's dangerous because it puts in the same scope a lot of cards: Dragonbound, Unmasking, Narrow Minds, Mbare Market Harare, Fame... I have deliberatively chosen cards that cannot be [in-built] stolen or [in-built] burnt for logical reasons. Do you agree in banning all cards that share this same principle?

My question: if Anthelios was that bad (and some people agree that events are bad for the game ; not me) and the VEKN is releasing new sets, why not release a card to make available burning events (or making it unable to play more events or Gehenna)?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds