file Shattering the Gate Concept

14 Sep 2011 16:55 #10197 by Mael
I use Nergal in my version. Eluding the Arms of Morpheus -> Diabolic Lure -> Mental Maze to block people and remain untapped (and discourage them from taking actions against me that they don't have to). Diabolic Lure at aus is bleed reduction, which is also handy, and I have twice ousted a prey by blocking a pool-gaining action and then playing Diabolic Lure, which I thought was hilarious.

People do have an unreasonable amount of hate for Shatter the Gate though, and sometimes try to burn it whether it's to their advantage or not.

The fact that Nergal with Enkil Cog can bleed for four with no cards and do it again in your preys turn is a good backup plan. I have won games where I failed to Shatter (and lost games after successfully shattering gates, but we don't talk about them).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2011 22:30 #10213 by Robert Scythe
I do not see how none of these designs bother with House Of Sorrow. It can be used to help find the gates, or get rid of extras, when combined with Dreams (especially to put the last 2 counters on it) as well as other fun, and sometimes lungey, effects. But, most importantly, it can be used to untap the Enkil Cog after putting the first Shatter out on your grandpredators turn so that you can finish on your turn and, you know, hit your prey first.

More
15 Sep 2011 00:24 #10216 by Haze
Shatter the Gates is like Smiling Jack. everybody would LIKE to remove it, but sometimes they're just too busy getting their game set up. or they'd really like to lunge this turn and maybe get a VP. they'll get around to dealing with it next turn, promise!

shattering fast is nice (since you have Infernal costs to pay and all) but sometimes you can get away with doing it at a slower pace.

More
15 Sep 2011 05:28 #10225 by Azrael
Deck Name: Shatter the Gates II
Created By: Michael Bartsch
Description:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 40, Avg: 7)
2 Aisling Sturbridge AUS dom THA 5 Tremere
1 Blythe Candeleria aus THA 3 Tremere
1 Carna AUS DOM THA 7 Tremere
1 Eugenio Estevez AUS dom for THA6 Tremere
4 Huitzilopochtli AUS DAI DOM OBF PRE POT10 Baali
1 Martin Franckel tha AUS 3 Tremere
1 Muaziz aus dom for THA7 Tremere
1 Rebekka AUS pot PRE THA8 Tremere

Library: (80 cards)
Master (14 cards)
1 Academic Hunting Ground
1 Arcane Library
1 Information Highway
1 Powerbase: Montreal
1 Rack, The
2 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
2 Sudden Reversal
4 Vessel
1 Wider View

Action (18 cards)
1 Contagion
4 Govern the Unaligned
1 Graverobbing
5 Magic of the Smith
6 Shatter the Gate
1 Unleash Hell's Fury

Action Modifier (8 cards)
2 Forgotten Labyrinth
2 Lost in Crowds
4 Mirror Walk

Reaction (26 cards)
3 Deflection
1 Delaying Tactics
2 Eagle`s Sight
2 Enhanced Senses
4 Eyes of Argus
5 Forced Awakening
1 My Enemy`s Enemy
3 On the Qui Vive
3 Precognition
2 Salt of Thoth

Combat (2 cards)
2 Rego Motus

Ally (1 cards)
1 Veneficti (Mage)

Retainer (1 cards)
1 Mr. Winthrop

Equipment (10 cards)
1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Heart of Nizchetus
1 Ivory Bow
5 Sniper Rifle
2 Sport Bike

This deck was last saved at 09:27:42 on 15.09.2011

Everything works better with Clan Impersonation

More
15 Sep 2011 06:06 #10229 by Kiddo
I've seen (quite unsuccessful) but interesting StG concept, which included the unnamed and Lubomira, with the unnamed bleeding via Enkil cog in it's prey turn (as usual) and benefiting from multiple Using the Advangages.

More
15 Sep 2011 06:38 #10230 by Ankha

I've seen (quite unsuccessful) but interesting StG concept, which included the unnamed and Lubomira, with the unnamed bleeding via Enkil cog in it's prey turn (as usual) and benefiting from multiple Using the Advangages.

I tried it, but it's quite a crappy in fact. A clever predator will keep one or two minions untapped to bleed you after you use the Enkil.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds