file "Official Announcement" needed

19 Jul 2011 19:51 #6498 by Amenophobis

And how am I supposed to know how many artists would do free art for an eventual VTES set, if I do not ask it publicly?

Oh, I don't know... ask it privately, like White Wolf did for 10+ years?

I guess you can't do the same things WW can if you are a player-run organisation with volunteers. Asking for artists seems a reasonable thing to do if you need to know if there are any out there and willing to do some art for free.

All the other known artists are not likely to do anything for free. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2011 00:40 #6505 by Juggernaut1981
The other thing is that WW probably had people sending them art regularly... so they just picked from the names that had landed on their desks.

I wish I could help out with the artwork, but I would LOVE to help with card design and playtesting...

I think it probably would be a good thing to have known playtesters (still bound by secrecy contracts). They could also act as "primogen" for Pascal on big issues/debates as well.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Jul 2011 04:23 #6507 by Mephistopheles

And how am I supposed to know how many artists would do free art for an eventual VTES set, if I do not ask it publicly?

It is perfectly fine that you asked publicly. However there are certain key words, like "new set" that can trigger a jökulhlaup in ones brain.

So for the future I suggest a little more extra explaining when dealing with such trigger words... ;)

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
20 Jul 2011 05:39 #6509 by Ankha

It is perfectly fine that you asked publicly. However there are certain key words, like "new set" that can trigger a jökulhlaup in ones brain.

So for the future I suggest a little more extra explaining when dealing with such trigger words... ;)

Patience is a virtue.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
20 Jul 2011 05:50 #6510 by Mephistopheles
Ankha please gimme more common places. Please!!!

btw: I didn't start this topic because I am Sofa King bored, but because I represent a country. People here should be aware that the majority of non native english v:tes players doesn't speak english or their english knowledge is limited to understanding the cards they play with. For this reason many players don't read this forum. We NC's should also represent the interest of these players and respect their demands.

What they demand from us NC's is a information. At least so I think. So replying "Patience is a virtue" or other similar useless things is really something I could describe only with words that would ban me from this forum.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
20 Jul 2011 06:39 - 20 Jul 2011 06:40 #6511 by Shockwave

First...
Ha Damnans, I told you this would happen. :)

Second...
'jökulhlaup' is the best usage of a word word I've never seen before in ages, bravo. I had to immediately Google what it meant .

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester
Last edit: 20 Jul 2011 06:40 by Shockwave.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds