file "Official Announcement" needed

20 Jul 2011 06:42 #6512 by Karo

Ankha please gimme more common places. Please!!!

btw: I didn't start this topic because I am Sofa King bored, but because I represent a country. People here should be aware that the majority of non native english v:tes players doesn't speak english or their english knowledge is limited to understanding the cards they play with. For this reason many players don't read this forum. We NC's should also represent the interest of these players and respect their demands.

What they demand from us NC's is a information. At least so I think. So replying "Patience is a virtue" or other similar useless things is really something I could describe only with words that would ban me from this forum.

LoL xD

In any aspect we currently cannot get any official expansion nor we can get anyone to do it. So why so much fuss about a virtual expansion? I've done for my storyline about 120 Sabbat vampires group 5/6 to play with and was fun. But to get annoyed by the fact that someone is planning one is a little too much. Relax, it's a virtual/pdf expansion and anyone can make one. If it happens to be sanctioned by the VEKN we will embrace it and play with it. In any case kudos to Damnans and his crew for making efforts towards a new expansion!!! I just love the online tool on the Spanish site dnn.vtes.net and if anyone can make a good expansion it's them :)

klubtitanatlas.hr/

former NC for Croatia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2011 06:49 - 20 Jul 2011 06:51 #6513 by Mephistopheles

It is perfectly fine that you asked publicly. However there are certain key words, like "new set" that can trigger a jökulhlaup in ones brain.

First...
Ha Damnans, I told you this would happen. :)

Second...
'jökulhlaup' is the best usage of a word word I've never seen before in ages, bravo. I had to immediately Google what it meant .

It's also a good ol' m:tg card that destroys almost everything in play :)

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com
Last edit: 20 Jul 2011 06:51 by Mephistopheles.

More
22 Jul 2011 11:44 #6637 by Reyda
Hello,
first post here.

Hey Damnans, I'm not against designing new cards, and I know it has been your specialty for a while :)

I'm just wondering, instead of trying to publish a whole set, with all the danger of it being badly tested, why not put our efforts in the creation of some periodic Promo cards, which could be distributed during tournaments as prize support, à la Meddling of semsith ?
For exemple : january to march, the promo is a new imbued crypt card. april to june, the promo is a location that favors big vampires... And so on, I guess by now you understand my statement.
Easier to test, cheaper to print, good incentive for people to attend tournaments... I can only see advantages in making promo cards instead of a whole set.

Comments welcome.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
22 Jul 2011 12:26 #6643 by Damnans

Hey Damnans, I'm not against designing new cards, and I know it has been your specialty for a while :)

Note that I would not be involved in card design, only in art direction.

I'm just wondering, instead of trying to publish a whole set, with all the danger of it being badly tested, why not put our efforts in the creation of some periodic Promo cards, which could be distributed during tournaments as prize support, à la Meddling of semsith ?

One of the problems would be production costs and distribution costs, which would be too high for the VEKN.

Also note that the new set would be very small.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
22 Jul 2011 14:41 #6658 by KevinM

The other thing is that WW probably had people sending them art regularly... so they just picked from the names that had landed on their desks.

No. White Wolf contacted artists privately and individually, offering each a contract, just as they did with LSJ, just as LSJ did with playtesters.

Certainly, the VEKN is new, and I hope they don't make this (minor) error again, but there is absolutely zero advantage for the parent organization to ask publicly for artists, when all artists are available via email/Facebook/website, especially when there "is no set".

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
22 Jul 2011 17:40 #6665 by Adonai
My memory disagrees with your experience, Kevin.
At every trade show, WW would have time set aside to art portfolios.
They also had a webpage dedicated to explaining how to submit art for consideration for future work.
i.e. they always had a message out to find new artists

Once they had a project to work on, they contacted those previously vetted artists with assignments.

Gines acquiring a stable of willing artists publicly is a good first step.
Once he has something to assign, that communication will take place privately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds