file Villein hate, idea 9001

21 Jul 2011 13:01 #6578 by elotar
All previous ideas are "attacks" on the card itself. But maybe let's do something with the reason, why this card is so good.

The reason can be worded differently, but I prefer:

"Blood on vampire is less valuable than pool".

How much less is a question, but I think ratio is near 1:2

By now my only decks without 4+ villeins are really in need of blood, like shambling Giovanni, kiasid s/b, ravnos e t.s.

We just need to invent something valuable to do with blood on minions, like more cards costing 3+ blood, some additional "default" ability or else.

It will collaterally "kill' all blood dolls and vessels, but I think it'll be fine too.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2011 13:18 #6579 by Boris The Blade
Play Shamblings/War ghouls/Garous? They love big fat vampires with 3 blood on them.

More
21 Jul 2011 13:22 #6580 by brandonsantacruz
A change like "a vampire may have only one Villein" might be easier, but I don't know that it would do enough to address the Minion Tap/Villein disparity. That and ruling "Play as written" on the blood part :P

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
21 Jul 2011 14:56 #6584 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Villein hate, idea 9001

A change like "a vampire may have only one Villein" might be easier, but I don't know that it would do enough to address the Minion Tap/Villein disparity. That and ruling "Play as written" on the blood part

I think making Villein say "A Minion can only have 1 Villein" would do a lot to address the Minion Tap/Villein disparity. As Minion Tap wouldn't be (for all intents and purposes) just worse than Villein anymore. And would make including the card not such a total no brainer. That is, for my money, the best thing to do to it.

More
21 Jul 2011 15:07 #6586 by Pendargon

A change like "a vampire may have only one Villein" might be easier, but I don't know that it would do enough to address the Minion Tap/Villein disparity. That and ruling "Play as written" on the blood part :P

I really like that idea. It is elegant, simple, and kinda gives back the point to minion tap.

On a similar note, i always felt that Pentex could be fixed most easily by adding : "Only one Pentex Subversion can be played in a game".

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
21 Jul 2011 17:38 - 21 Jul 2011 17:39 #6595 by Boris The Blade

On a similar note, i always felt that Pentex could be fixed most easily by adding : "Only one Pentex Subversion can be played in a game".

:blink:

That would make it so much stronger... If the Pentex owner can defend it, the only way to get rid of it is to contest. What you suggest would remove this possibility.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2011 17:39 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds