file Responsible bleed modifiers

06 Jan 2018 11:45 #84778 by cmdrKEEN
Decoy

Only usable during a bleed action
:modifier: :san: Chose an unlocked Blood Brother of the same circle. Untap the acting minion and tap the chosen vampire instead. The action continues with that vampire as the acting minion.
:modifier: :SAN: Bleed -1. Choose any other Methuselah. This acting vampire is now bleeding that Methuselah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2018 15:48 - 06 Jan 2018 15:48 #84780 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic Responsible bleed modifiers

These are mostly all good and fine ideas, but remember that theres a good reason for protean not having any extra blees cards: its one of the best survival and delivery disciplines in the game.

That's why I at least designed a +bleed (@superior) card that can't be boosted with dominate =P

To me the best bleed modifier for non deflection/low bleed vamps/clans would be a modifier/action that cannot be deflected and since it takes up space in your deck, it should be multifunctional or add some +bleed.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
Last edit: 06 Jan 2018 15:48 by GreyB.

More
06 Jan 2018 19:38 #84786 by self biased
not +bleed, but still some kind of bounce defense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz, Kraus

More
06 Jan 2018 21:51 #84788 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Responsible bleed modifiers
These kinds of cards are by far more interesting and make for cooler game interactions than +bleed that just... well, negates bounce.

There are bounce cancel effects, and more importantly those effects that make bounce more expensive. Those help. I think Biased's suggestion is more interesting than others suggested here.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
07 Jan 2018 08:55 #84793 by thelonius reloaded
I do not see reasons to modify the bleed/bounce thing simply denying bounce. There are ways to prevent or reduce chance to be bounced (revelations, precision, vaticination, perfect clarity, spying mission, touch of clarity, false resonance and so on)

I think that bleeding responsibly is a thing related to the player and not to cards that can save you (or your granprey) from yours mistake. If you want to be sure to responsibly damage only your prey just do politics :p

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
09 Jan 2018 05:02 - 09 Jan 2018 05:06 #84822 by brandonsantacruz
Here's a bleed mod idea:

Opposition Research
Action/action modifier
Obfuscate
obf: +1 stealth D Action
Place this card on a minion controlled by your prey. You may burn this card to cause your prey to lose one pool.
OBF: action modifier. No further bleed modifiers may be played after playing this card.
+1 bleed for each Opposition Research on targeted Methuselah.

I think that this would be a simple way to give some responsible +bleed. Obfuscate might not need it, but it fits in well with the discipline and I think that it is balanced.

Edit: you could remove "controlled by your prey" and change "your prey" to "that minion's controller" to give the card more versatility, which may result in more play. What if you really want to oust someone other than your prey? Dem bleeders might like this card because they can bleed anyone with KS anyway.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 09 Jan 2018 05:06 by brandonsantacruz.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds