file Responsible bleed modifiers

11 Jan 2018 15:44 #84863 by kschaefer
The new target of the bleed has an opportunity to block. Tangle is the best out in the game, the target doesn't need intercept, just an untapped minion. It leaves the minion untapped (they never actually blocked). So, your grand-prey attempts to block, you play Tangle, and bleed your prey again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2018 16:11 - 11 Jan 2018 16:15 #84865 by Bloodartist

The new target of the bleed has an opportunity to block. Tangle is the best out in the game, the target doesn't need intercept, just an untapped minion. It leaves the minion untapped (they never actually blocked). So, your grand-prey attempts to block, you play Tangle, and bleed your prey again.

Not only does that wording "usable when minion attempts to block" make me lose faith in the future of this game :pinch: , but this is still not good enough if grandprey needs an untapped vampire even. We've got enkil cogs all over the place and bleeds can happen at inopportune moments. You can't expect people to always have the opportunity to attempt to block (or tangle in the bleeders deck for that matter).

Not to mention tangle is not usable by any of my own big-bleed decks.. I would personally want more, especially for slightly non-standard disciplines like protean, vicissitude, etc.

ps. Tangle also doesn't allow the thing that I mentioned, ability to bleed again that same turn by the same minion.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 11 Jan 2018 16:15 by Bloodartist.

More
11 Jan 2018 16:33 #84866 by kschaefer
Well, I mean the new target of the bleed can wake and attempt to block, but sure if someone can't block one action you're taking they have bigger problems.

Yes, Tangle does allow you to bleed again or do whatever again. It is activated on a block attempt and not on a successful block. The former meaning that the action was never complete therefore there is no NRA tainting. See the card rulings page, which specifically mentions this.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds