file Proxies and the VEKN

10 Feb 2011 17:57 #1248 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

I'm of the opinion that in the last couple of sets, esp. KoT and HttB, a handful of insanely powerful cards appeared.

Unfortunately, those cards are not widespread enough available for most players to notice their powerlevel. If they were more available, they would appear more often in the TWD.

A short list from my head:
Enkil Cog
Touch of Clarity
Summon History
Unleash Hells Fury
Impundulu

These fall in the same category as Dreams, Nephandus, Unmasking, Charisma, Mind Rape, Sensory Deprivation and countless other chase rares. It would be best to restrict the list to staples that are hard to get and played in large numbers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2011 18:15 #1249 by Shockwave
Replied by Shockwave on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
Alternatively, it's be simpler, more legally sound, more advisable for the future commercial model and not in any way biased to just not do it at all, and have no list to decide upon.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel

More
10 Feb 2011 19:12 #1251 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

Alternatively, it's be simpler, more legally sound, more advisable for the future commercial model and not in any way biased to just not do it at all, and have no list to decide upon.

There's no point in posting if you don't have anything new to contribute.

More
10 Feb 2011 19:56 - 10 Feb 2011 19:57 #1253 by Shockwave
Replied by Shockwave on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

There's no point in posting if you don't have anything new to contribute.

Oh, if we're going down this route let's make a few things clear then...

1. This is a forum, an open one. I can repeat my view as many times as I happen to like to, much as you & fojtik are able to press for a printing of Villein as a promo, and have.

2. On this forum, it's not a democracy, no matter what your personal political bias is. I have to listen to precisely one group of people, that being the Moderators (as far as I know, that's extrala and jhattara) of this forum, in terms of what I may or may not do. Feel free to press that 'Report to Moderator' button if you feel it warrants it, but don't try to backseat moderate.

3. Thankfully, we don't pay by the electron, or indeed the byte. Aside from contravening points 1 and 2, I could post page after page of 'Wibble wibble wibble' and it wouldn't make a jot of difference.

But thanks for the lesson in forum etiquette, I'm sure you'll feel just as much warmth from this return. All in the name of good debate, I'm sure you'll understand.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester
Last edit: 10 Feb 2011 19:57 by Shockwave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, Dorrinal

More
10 Feb 2011 21:04 #1257 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
I'm in favor of proxies, but to suggest that the official player's network violate copyright is foolish at best. In addition, to suggest that we proxy any less than every legal card in existence is to miss the point of proxies entirely.

:trem:

More
10 Feb 2011 21:06 #1258 by Amenophobis

I'm in favor of proxies, but to suggest that the official player's network violate copyright is foolish at best. In addition, to suggest that we proxy any less than every legal card in existence is to miss the point of proxies entirely.

Did you read my last post entirely? I addressed the legality issue.
Also, what is the point of proxies?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds