file Proxies and the VEKN

11 Feb 2011 00:58 - 11 Feb 2011 00:58 #1281 by Gargoylee
Replied by Gargoylee on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

Furthermore, proxies have been used in CCG's before, sometimes in sanctioned tournaments.

I'm trying to research this.

DCI doesn't allow the use of proxies in its sanctioned tournaments (unless the card is damaged during the tournament). community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75874/26331797/?pg=last and forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=203585

AEG does not appear to allow the use of proxies in sanctioned tournaments for any of its games. rules.l5r.com/Floor_Rules#ALDERAC_ENTERTAINMENT_GROUP_TOURNAMENT_FLOOR_RULES

KDE?, Yu-Gi-Ho, doesn't appear to allow proxies for sanctioned tournaments. www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/rulings/EU_Tournament_Policy_2011-01-26.pdf

Still need to check Versus, Pokemon, Raw Deal, others?
Last edit: 11 Feb 2011 00:58 by Gargoylee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2011 01:16 - 11 Feb 2011 01:20 #1283 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
Canceling from a Quote is still broken.

Printing cards by anyone, for any reason, that isn't explicitly and in writing permitted by White Wolf/CCP and Wizards of the Coast is illegal.

You cannot print the backs of the cards, nor can you use the art of existing cards on the front.

You can probably fly under the radar if you only do it locally, but asking an international group to do it as part of their organization is asking for legal involvement.

To be clear:

Printed proxies are a violation of copyright.

Allowing other VTES cards to substitute for other cards is 100% legal.

Those clamoring for promos and printed proxies are wasting their time.

Remember:
There is no reason to permit proxies in tournament games, the tournament rules already allow you to prohibit sets of cards.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2011 01:20 by Adonai.

More
11 Feb 2011 01:30 #1286 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

Furthermore, proxies have been used in CCG's before, sometimes in sanctioned tournaments.

I'm trying to research this.

DCI doesn't allow the use of proxies in its sanctioned tournaments (unless the card is damaged during the tournament). community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75874/26331797/?pg=last and forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=203585

AEG does not appear to allow the use of proxies in sanctioned tournaments for any of its games. rules.l5r.com/Floor_Rules#ALDERAC_ENTERTAINMENT_GROUP_TOURNAMENT_FLOOR_RULES

KDE?, Yu-Gi-Ho, doesn't appear to allow proxies for sanctioned tournaments. www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/rulings/EU_Tournament_Policy_2011-01-26.pdf

Still need to check Versus, Pokemon, Raw Deal, others?

I misspoke. I've only heard rumors of proxies in MTG Vintage tournaments. I don't know if they were sanctioned or not.

More
11 Feb 2011 01:32 - 11 Feb 2011 01:35 #1287 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

Printing cards by anyone, for any reason, that isn't explicitly and in writing permitted by White Wolf/CCP and Wizards of the Coast is illegal.

You cannot print the backs of the cards, nor can you use the art of existing cards on the front.

The card text printed on a piece of paper and slipped into a sleeve in front of whatever card should be adequate and, I take it, legal?
Last edit: 11 Feb 2011 01:35 by Suoli.

More
11 Feb 2011 04:19 #1291 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

To be clear:

Printed proxies are a violation of copyright.

Allowing other VTES cards to substitute for other cards is 100% legal.

Those clamoring for promos and printed proxies are wasting their time.

Remember:
There is no reason to permit proxies in tournament games, the tournament rules already allow you to prohibit sets of cards.

Thanks for the summary, Adonai. I don't follow your last point; maybe I'm just being thick. Can you explain?

:trem:

More
11 Feb 2011 06:15 #1292 by Juggernaut1981
It works like this:
If you say want proxies for Villein, just ban the sets that include Villein and you don't have a problem anymore for proxying Villein.

Problem of people not having enough Villeins solved and within the VEKN Tournament Rules.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds