file "...why proxies are not going to be allowed..."

30 Nov 2011 16:15 #16571 by Brum

Take some pride in your games.

You wanna play hockey, you gotta put on the skates.

Really?
What we are debating is the fact that some people like to play goalie in Hockey and they can't because it is ludicrous to play without the special head protection that only goalies need.
What do you say to those people?

No big caps for you.

"You wanna play with big caps, you gotta put on the Villeins."

For the Nth time:

1. I have all the cards I foresee I'll ever need (until a company picks up the game again).

2. I have felt stronger in favor of proxies than I do now. But not because of any of the arguments of the CON crowd.
If it is good for the game, I don't care if my cards are worth nothing. And that is a paradox right there: if the game is strong -> the cards will be worth more. Always. Even with proxies.
I believe that even for the new players, if someone invests time and money on a project and see it grow and flourish, they will be more satisfied with their choice.
In VtES terms that is: if a player invests time and money on the game and sees their deck improve, they are less likely to abandon the game.
This is a very thin line we are walking. Someday, the money issue might be more of a problem than a positive thing.
We must be open minded to that.
That is all I'm saying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2011 07:36 #16619 by Lönkka

Availability is the issue.

Plenty still available.
And will be for quite some while.

Perhaps just not in your neck of woods.
But that is more or less due to business decisions of your local importer/retailers. Which I assume are based on the expereinces they've had with buying practices of local gaming community.

And then there's the recent invention called interweb and you're not restiricted to your local store any more. Wo-hoo! :huh:

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Dec 2011 07:57 #16621 by Lemminkäinen
To be fair, Villein is such a needed card these days and so expensive, that I could see an exception made for it (I believe it was Suoli who suggested that Minion Taps should be allowed to proxy for Villein). Or maybe the expansion should include a Villein substitute that would allow the playing of big caps.

Disclaimer: I have plenty of Villeins, enough for multiple decks, wouldn't need proxying.

More
01 Dec 2011 08:26 #16625 by Ohlmann

Or maybe the expansion should include a Villein substitute that would allow the playing of big caps.

I think it's the better idea, since it cause the less trouble.

More
01 Dec 2011 09:07 #16628 by Aeschere
Just get it out of your system. Proxies will not be allowed. They haven't been allowed in the past and they won't be allowed in the future.

As Johannes already mentioned, the card in the new set are not proxies, they are just new cards distributed in a different manner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
01 Dec 2011 13:17 #16646 by Charles_Bronson

Just get it out of your system. Proxies will not be allowed. They haven't been allowed in the past and they won't be allowed in the future.

Im sorry, but are you the supreme leadership emperor member of VEKN? Can you foresse the future?

Don't be agressive, we are discussing our community problem of not having enough cards. Telling "that will not happen" will not add nothing of good to this discussion. Lack of cards is going to be worse, day after day.

I think vtes is not ready for proxies now. Maybe we'll be ready in a year or two.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds