file PKC seeks to attack the V:EKN

27 Sep 2012 08:27 #37847 by dude_PL
True (partially) but this gets us back to intentions. What I gathered from my brief discussions with the PCK, there would be no issue at all if any form of dialogue would appear and it is not their intention (and never has been) to destroy the game or the community. Those guys love the game as much as you all do.
What we have here is not dialogue, this is a full scale war.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2012 08:31 #37848 by Juggernaut1981
@dude_PL

Yes it is about egos, potentially on both sides. But "Cease and Desist" orders aren't exactly what I would call a nothing move. It requires a claim of copyright to specific cards, which if you ask any number of the Playtesters is about as thin as you can get. Because of the way they've set up their copyright, they're claiming to own all of the material required to print a VTES card which includes (but not a complete list):
  • Card border art
  • Card layout
  • Fonts
  • Discipline Icons
  • Sects
  • Character details

If PCK want to take the gamble of losing their homes to this ego trip, I'd say they're far more likely to be bankrupt than seeing anything remotely like an apology from the VEKN and their cards in print as they are designed.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara

More
27 Sep 2012 08:34 - 27 Sep 2012 08:35 #37849 by Kraus
Guys, seriously, WTF?!

;___;

Good points, dude_PL - especially with what kind of a community VEKN has become. I've found myself wondering on a couple of occasions in the past two months if I should link the site to a potential new player or not. The site has the rulebook and lots of great stuff, but they also have the forums, which I wouldn't really want to show to anyone new to the game.

This farce is a shame, possibly on every account, and to both sides.

Just... christ. //sigh

Krausedit\\ Also, hasn't Johannes told already that the PKC (or whatever) cards wouldn't be used anyways?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 08:35 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle, dude_PL, wargrim, Count Orlok, jAvel

More
27 Sep 2012 08:37 - 27 Sep 2012 08:37 #37850 by Ohlmann
So, to be clear, they attack the V:EKN on the basis that, maybe, part of their work may be included in a vague fashion in a still unreleased set ?

They are apple fanboy and try the same intimidation tactic ? Or they just try to appear as stupid as humanly possible ?

In any case, now I can confidently say that I have no more any shade of sympathy or respect to them now.

@dude_pl : it's true that Johannes have been less than polite. But here it is akin to launch a full scale nuclear war because of a parking ticket.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 08:37 by Ohlmann.

More
27 Sep 2012 08:50 #37853 by Poci
This is now ridiculous. Simply, from PCK, this is quite pointless (and childish). Please, for the game, put aside your differencies with the IC. I hope, you can use your judgement, feedbacks and such to figure out that your stance, actions, and the set you've created are not received as you wanted. Just let this case end.
Maybe, the Laibon themed set you're planning will get a better response, and if the dispute between you and the community can be solved, it may become an official set (no, i'm not too optimistic, nor retarded...).

More
27 Sep 2012 08:56 #37855 by Mael

Let's face the one and simple fact - this is an ego issue. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING preventing the VEKN from using PCK's cards - all you have to do is to acknowledge who designed them. That's it.

Actually, PKC have chosen to use a non-derivative license, which means that assuming you acknowledge this as their work to copyright in the first place (a point which I don't have enough information to comment on), you have to use the card exactly as they presented it or not at all.
This would mean that you cannot add artwork to it, you could not change the text to be more clear or better balance the card, etc.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds