file PKC seeks to attack the V:EKN

27 Sep 2012 07:39 #37834 by Ke.
Thanks for publicly posting this.

Carl, Eric and Jeff — first you volunteered to try and help the game, now your actively trying to destroy it.

You should grow up and move on — your egos have gotten the better of you.

Ke
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2012 07:39 #37835 by PrinceOfSeekonk

Does someone else see this differently?

I think it is a safe assertion that they do. :)

:PRO:

More
27 Sep 2012 07:54 - 27 Sep 2012 07:55 #37841 by Killjoy71
If the purpose is to rant, bitch and moan then I believe that has already been done in previous posts. Can the PKC not move onward from this?

VTES is not for the faint of heart...especially when you don't have a enough blood.

Prince Of Geneva
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 07:55 by Killjoy71.

More
27 Sep 2012 08:09 #37843 by dude_PL
right...

1st of all, the title of this topic made me laugh. hard. and for quite some time. I just wonder how many people and for how long will continue to buy this bullcrap you're selling them. This is pure propaganda and I suggest to get the spokesman ASAP, because you obviously fail at this. boohoo doomsady approaching, PCK seeks to attack the VEKN, we need to destroy the heathens and ill-believers. Seriously? I mean...are you for real?

VEKN screwed the PCK over, that's a fact. Anyone who has any project management experience in global environment (as I happen to have), combined with the ability to read between the lines, can see this clearly. May I remind you that the initial message from PCK which started this whole thing has never been addressed...
Obviously it would be highly convenient for the VEKN if PCK would just remove themselves, disappear and never show up again. But things don't work this way. So why not make them the bane of VTES and everything that's dear for us, right? After all, those who aren't with us are against us.

Let's face the one and simple fact - this is an ego issue. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING preventing the VEKN from using PCK's cards - all you have to do is to acknowledge who designed them. That's it. In all honesty, I'm getting more and more tired of these childish arguments I see here. And - trust me on that - I'm not the only one.

So yeah, as Erol suggested - let's go further. Let's ban people from tournaments for disagreeing with you. Such an awesome idea, so why the hell not? This would be a fantastic opportunity to show everyone what a lovely community we are.

Please go ahead and delude yourselves further. Please go ahead and flame me for what I just wrote - someone had to, so I might as well be the 1st one to flame, no biggie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Molloy, TorranceCircle, wargrim, glaswanderer, Erol, AaronC, Count Orlok, jAvel, brettscho

More
27 Sep 2012 08:13 #37844 by Juggernaut1981
I suppose it goes without saying, I'm disappointed in PCK for this. There is SO much copyrighted material in your work that by even attempting this you're putting your own livelihoods, houses and futures seriously on the line over a bruised ego? I've seen those documents from 'before the split' as part of the playtest... and they didn't have PCK listed as the copyright holders.

You guys are willing to set yourselves up to lose everything to a mean-spirited lawyer from Hasbro? For the sake of your families, just drop it and put away your ego. It's not going to help you, it's not going to help VTES and it certainly won't help you in many other ways.

There may have been some significant good-will for all of you 9 months ago, but now there is none left.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke.

More
27 Sep 2012 08:18 #37845 by jhattara

Let's face the one and simple fact - this is an ego issue. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING preventing the VEKN from using PCK's cards - all you have to do is to acknowledge who designed them. That's it. In all honesty, I'm getting more and more tired of these childish arguments I see here. And - trust me on that - I'm not the only one.

By their claims just acknowledging them is not enough. By slapping CC-BY-NC on them they are saying that the cards they designed or parts of them can't be used if VTES ever gets back to print, without first asking for their permission.

Also, they haven't named a single specific item that they are claiming copyright on. By claiming copyright on everything, names, designs, discipline spreads, discipline icons, they are claiming copyright on stuff they can't. If there are specific points of copyright they want to claim, they need to specify them. They can't claim copyright on the name of a card which has previously been published in WoD as a vampire. They can't claim copyright on spread of disciplines on a vampire that has been published with a similar enough discipline spread in WoD.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Robert Goudie, Juggernaut1981, Ke.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds