file The Full Bleed project - back on my bullshit [03.20]

11 Oct 2014 17:38 #66409 by Pascal Bertrand
Keep the seal. We don't want to alter the 20 yo icons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2014 01:57 #66413 by DeathInABottle

Counterpoint: it's hideous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
12 Oct 2014 02:33 - 12 Oct 2014 02:35 #66414 by self biased

Counterpoint: it's hideous.

this is precisely what i meant about change being difficult. In my mind, V:tes suffers from a few legacy issues, and to me "because we've always done it this way" isn't always a good answer to "why aren't we doing things differently?"

i mean, i get it. I truly do. It'd be an awkward transition to lose The Splat, but is it truly necessary for the design? do we really even need expansion icons anymore? i mean, it must be hard enough to come up with names that don't sound ridiculously awful, let alone drying to come up with an expansion icon that isn't a skull, ankh or whatever.

as much as i really don't like The Splat on an intellectual level, i know from habit that something's missing and it's unsettling.

don't get me wrong, i'm pretty sure my shitty opinions will get smacked down mercilessly. i'm just thrilled that we're actually talking about this sort of thing.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2014 02:35 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
12 Oct 2014 05:11 #66416 by alek
I prefer v1. Clan symbols on v2 are too large and looks awful. We could also remove expansion symbol but it's not bad when it's smaller not usual and moved more to the top left (like in v1).
Cards without the splat looks a little better but removing it and changing to full bleed would make it really hard to recognize some clan dirrerences so that's probably not a good idea

More
12 Oct 2014 05:30 - 12 Oct 2014 05:31 #66417 by Lech
For me, bigger clan icons with wax seal to keep it consistent with existing cards yet increased visibility.

I'd love to see changed clan icons and mass errata, but it just can't be done without mass reprints.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2014 05:31 by Lech.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
12 Oct 2014 11:21 #66429 by self biased
yeah, i think i'm going to have to say that the enhanced icon is going to be the way to go.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds