file The Full Bleed project - back on my bullshit [03.20]

13 Oct 2014 18:53 - 13 Oct 2014 19:11 #66542 by self biased

Exactly this, even caitiff don't look utter trash with such design.

Maybe not dirk, he look bad(sorry ben!). Any chance to see that new lasombra or giovanni?

the artwork required a lot of doctoring so that it wouldn't look crappy when blown up.

so here's Lech's idea, done with Lasombra:

I see what you're getting at, but i don't think this works as well as you do. for me, the green bar is a unifying element that, much like The Dude's rug, really ties the room together in terms of design. The Clan Background works for the Full Bleed cards because there's no other elements there save for the white text box and capacity drop, and the bar still fulfills the role of a unifying element.

edit: for comparison:
Last edit: 13 Oct 2014 19:11 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2014 19:20 #66545 by Pascal Bertrand

As it should be like a promo, I cannot see the point.

Says who?

Well, in a recent thread where I was asking about altering card people says it was prohibited to rewrite any parts of the cards (title, clan and discipline symbols). As far as I understand the current discussions, those full bleed cards does not respect those modifications so that I (Who? I) assumed that this thread could not apply to regular cards... so this thread could apply to "promo" cards.
And reprinting official cards is still prohibited, isn't it?

Am I the only one who saw a non-The unaligned card in this thread? A Vampire called: Gwendolyne maybe.

Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Regards,
Rémi.

Currently, these cards are cards that are not issued by the VEKN. They aren't even promos. Or Storyline. They're fan cards.

The question that has risen in this thread is whether such layout should be imported to normal cards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi, PetriWessman, self biased

More
14 Oct 2014 09:47 - 14 Oct 2014 09:49 #66570 by Rémi
Hello,

Rémi, I'm not acting as an official of VEKN. I'm an enthusiastic fan.

I know and that is why I think that there is no use of the Expansion symbols (it is hard to keep every symbol, my point is that you should feel free to keep only those which are relevant for you).

The question that has risen in this thread is whether such layout should be imported to normal cards.

My personal feeling is that two seperated points appeared in that thread and the official part "should" be placed in a second thread.

Once more, sorry for the misunderstand. I've already stopped flooding this thread :)

Best regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 14 Oct 2014 09:49 by Rémi.

More
14 Oct 2014 10:18 #66574 by ReverendRevolver
Full bleed cards would make PERFECT promos or precon encentives if we see print again.
Think of it as a way better spin on the sketch variants. With this in mind, precon exclusives could use expansion symbol, and promos wouldnt really need one.

This is one of tbe few threads where people are in favor of change, which is shocking around here, so it seems like a strong idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, self biased, Rémi

More
17 Oct 2014 13:27 #66724 by self biased
I'm back to work, so I've had to slow my pace on this, but I should be finished getting everything set up by Sunday. If someone on the design team could see fit to email or link me the original art used for Danse Macabre and The Unaligned, that would be wizard. I've almost got my upgraded copy of the vcm working properly, so hopefully I can put some playtest cards in people's hands relatively soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
19 Oct 2014 05:42 #66759 by Damnans
Files sent to your gmail account.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds