file combat rebalancing

31 Mar 2016 17:54 - 01 Apr 2016 07:53 #76144 by Robert Scythe
Replied by Robert Scythe on topic combat rebalancing

Their corner case is in their requirements.

There are the following clans with Potence in-clan and hence likely to use IG:
Brujah
Brujah Anti
Nosferatu
Nosferatu Anti
Osebo
Guruhi
Lasombra
Giovanni
Blood Bro

There are the following clans able to use Death Seeker:
Salubri Anti

There are the following clans with Chimerstry in-clan:
Ravnos

The are the following clans with Animalism and Auspex in-clan:
Tzimisce

There are the following clans with Maleficia in-clan:
(None)

So yes, they are corner case in comparison with Immortal Grapple because they are comparatively difficult to access.

This is not what corner case means. Corner case is when you are playing a Faithful Servant bloat deck without much intercept and find yourself packing The Deadliest Sin so you can protect your investment. If you play those clans or disciplines and would like a better chance for your combat to be effective then you utilize those listed cards. Seen less often? Yes. Corner case? No. By that type of reckoning War Ghouls are corner case to Shambling Hordes because only 1 clan can bring out a Warghoul but 4 clans and any vamp with Nec can pull out a Horde.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2016 07:53 by Robert Scythe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2016 04:00 #76164 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic combat rebalancing
Actually that would be the logic I'd use yes.
Shamblers are not as strong as War Ghouls, but they are also less corner-cased than War Ghouls.
Sure people focus decks on a War Ghoul, and designing new cards that may be utilised by a War Ghoul is a thought worth having... but ease of use of the card (i.e. How common are its requirements to play?) is important on how 'corner case' it may be.

2nd Tradition is a more corner-cased Wake card than Eyes of Argus. I'm not saying you won't see significant play with 2nd Trad because of its power, but there are more vampires with Auspex at Superior than Princes.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
01 Apr 2016 07:43 - 01 Apr 2016 07:56 #76167 by Robert Scythe
Replied by Robert Scythe on topic combat rebalancing
You are still just trying to make this term work for a definition that you would like it to and sound like Alanis Morissette convincing us that ironic means what she thinks it means. Corner case does not mean 'less common'. Rarely or 'not as often' may be what you are looking for here but definitely not corner case, I've given you an example of that. For that matter, of my current combat decks that want to get by SCE/Dodge: 2 use IG ,1 Psyche!, whilst 5 use the other cards listed, including The Jones, Hah. Well, 3 also use Telepathic Tracking but that wasn't in the discussion.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2016 07:56 by Robert Scythe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
01 Apr 2016 08:16 - 01 Apr 2016 08:16 #76168 by brettscho
Replied by brettscho on topic combat rebalancing
I think the point was that you see Immortal Grapple more often than say Death Seeker because more vampires are able to effectively use it. Difficult to argue against that, regardless of one's opinion on what "Corner Case" means when applied to card games.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
Last edit: 01 Apr 2016 08:16 by brettscho.

More
01 Apr 2016 14:20 #76182 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic combat rebalancing
Death Seeker is VERY much less cornercase than Immortal Grapple. Death Seeker is a super-versatile combat card, while IG is just to counter non-hand strikes. That just a few vamps can play it is not = cornercase.

Personally I think balancing Death Seekers power versus that just a few vamps that can play it is a strange thing, but it kind of works :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
01 Apr 2016 16:51 #76186 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic combat rebalancing
OP has presented solutions without defining the problems.

Fail.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds