file combat rebalancing

07 Mar 2016 11:39 #75860 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic combat rebalancing
Reformulated part 3

3. Make SCE work "at the same time as other strikes" - meaning opponents strike will be dealt and just after it the combat will end.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2016 11:56 #75862 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic combat rebalancing

Round 2 :P

See reformulated 3. Was too drunk to gee clear at the first try :)

So combat "matrix" will be those:
First strike(FS) beats dodge(D) and SCE, but is easily prevented (P).
Environmental damage (ED) beats everything but can be D
D can be beaten by additional strikes(AS) and presses(P)
AS and P are beaten by SCE
But SCE are not so good against regular strikes.

-2 pool appears because when you can move pool to torporised vampires(using transfers) you'll do it, instead of present whining about crosstable rescue or just sitting there doing nothing.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
07 Mar 2016 15:16 #75866 by alek
Replied by alek on topic combat rebalancing
I see no point in those changes except number 5 which is more intuitive than current rule for agro damage.
Best thing we can do with first strike rules is to remove them. It's niche rules which bring only misunderstandings.

More
07 Mar 2016 19:55 #75869 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic combat rebalancing

I see no point in those changes except number 5 which is more intuitive than current rule for agro damage.
Best thing we can do with first strike rules is to remove them. It's niche rules which bring only misunderstandings.

How to resolve aggravated damage and first strike may not be intuitive, but one can reasonably find out how they work from the rulebook. This is not the case for environmental damage. The term environmental damage has somehow entered the lexicon of the game, with myriad rulings that use "environmental damage" to refer to damage that is not from a strike. The term environmental damage does not exist in the rulebook or detailed play summary. Having rulings use a term that is not defined in the rulebook, I think, is a bigger issue than how intuitive first strike or aggravated damage are. It makes applying rulings a nightmare for casual players because they have nothing in the rulebook outlining what environmental damage actually is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
07 Mar 2016 20:15 #75870 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic combat rebalancing
It sounds to me like the op wants his dom weenies discplineless dodges to be the end all answer to everything that the opponent might do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, talonz

More
08 Mar 2016 01:06 #75871 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic combat rebalancing
Absolutely terrible.
1) :pot: and :cel: are pure combat disciplines. Removing their signature cards is not "rebalancing", it is nerfing them into oblivion.
2) Who cares? Do you really think you can have more dodges than I have Aid from Bats?
3) That completely wallpapers S:CE. If there was any point in planning further ahead than the first strike, then we would actually see some second round :tha: in play.

The rest is debatable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talonz

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds