file New set in 2012

07 Feb 2012 21:01 - 07 Feb 2012 21:07 #22503 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: New set in 2012
So basically what you're saying is that double-sided printing of new cards on quality paper will be illegal?

And that a bunch of shitty paper printings that are easily distinguished even when sleeved in opaque sleeves are legal?

LOL?
Last edit: 07 Feb 2012 21:07 by Izaak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2012 21:12 #22504 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: New set in 2012

So basically what you're saying is that double-sided printing of new cards on quality paper will be illegal?

Just as illegal as double-sided homemade prints of non-VEKN cards.

More
07 Feb 2012 21:18 - 07 Feb 2012 21:29 #22505 by Izaak
Oh cool so if someone wants to make their "cards" somewhat looking like actual, ya know, cards they'll get disqualified.

I don't know what to say, really.

Just LOL I guess...

Just as illegal as double-sided homemade prints of non-VEKN cards.

Totally moot. I can with minimal effort create copies of VTES cards that are impossible to distinguish from actual cards. Especially when sleeved. Therefore this would actually be legal in the sense that you have no way to check.

Also, since the VEKN issued cards already follow different lagality rules, there is not reason to follow the WW/CCP issued cards here.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2012 21:29 by Izaak.

More
08 Feb 2012 00:50 #22516 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: New set in 2012
@Izaak:
Print it out on 'normal' paper in colour (try Kinko's or your local . Cut it out. Put it in front of a VTES card in a sleeve. If you can identify the self-printed cards from the WW-printed cards, then you need to redo your self-printed cards so they can't be distinguished in the sleeves in your library/crypt.

Its as easy as:
1) Can you tell the cards apart? If yes, then they're not tournament legal. If no, then they're tournament legal.

2) Are these cards close to WW-printed cards? If yes, they may be considered as breach of copyright cards. If no, then don't worry about it.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Feb 2012 08:24 #22553 by Izaak

1) Can you tell the cards apart? If yes, then they're not tournament legal. If no, then they're tournament legal.

A card with a paper in front of it will be thicker than one without. Always. Since a card is already pretty thin, printing on standard 80 gram paper WILL make the marked, even if you try really hard not to.

I know because when CE was just released and there was very low supply of any cards at all our group used to play with exactly what the VEKN rules describe for the new cards: colored photocopies on 60 gram paper in front of a normal VTES card in a sleeve. I still have those proxies and they are significantly thicker than a normal card and easy to tell apart.

2) Are these cards close to WW-printed cards? If yes, they may be considered as breach of copyright cards. If no, then don't worry about it.

Copyright issues don't exist when it's for personal use. Since all of those cards will be for my own use, I'm not breaching any copyrights. If I were to sell them on e-bay, sure, but I'm not doing that.

More
08 Feb 2012 08:48 #22554 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: New set in 2012

Copyright issues don't exist when it's for personal use. Since all of those cards will be for my own use, I'm not breaching any copyrights. If I were to sell them on e-bay, sure, but I'm not doing that.

I think the issue is more of "not scaring away businesses that would buy the right to VtES". VEKN don't want to autorize really good proxies ; it may be counter-productive and silly, but it's way easier to be silly than convincing businessman that the goal were really benign and not a threat to theirs products.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds