check State of the V:EKN - May 1

02 May 2012 13:28 #29272 by Amenophobis

In my opinion, I have not openly taken a stance against the VEKN at all.

This clearly indicates you have lost your compass, because you openly took a stance against the V:EKN when you fully endorsed Carl's resignation letter, a relevant fragment of which is quoted below:

The cards we have designed are not to be used by the V:EKN Design Team. Since the creative content for Round 1 originated from our work (including Jeff Kuta’s), and had no significant contributions from the remaining Design Team members, we insist that the Design Team refrains from further playtest of such cards and from including them in the upcoming set without our explicit permission. This creative content includes all of the cards from Round 1, with one exception, and any other ideas that we initiated and explored.

So you say that disagreeing with an individual member of an organization (for whatever reasons) means being against said organization. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2012 13:32 #29273 by Damnans

So you say that disagreeing with an individual member of an organization (for whatever reasons) means being against said organization. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Please, read my previous post for clarification: vekn.net/index.php/forum/10-news-and-announcements/29272-re-state-of-the-vekn-may-1/post?do=quote#29271

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
02 May 2012 14:12 #29275 by Jeff Kuta

I quote Robyn Tatu: "It’s really simple. Volunteers simply go to work. If they’re not happy with their current assignment they quit or find other areas where they can contribute."

If this represents the sum total of wisdom from the management team in the face of losing more than half of the core creative team, it is an utter leadership failure and refusal to acknowledge, let alone recognize, the root problems.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
02 May 2012 15:32 #29277 by KevinM

"Since the creative content for Round 1 originated from our work (including Jeff Kuta’s), and had no significant contributions from the remaining Design Team members, we insist that the Design Team refrains from further playtest of such cards and from including them in the upcoming set without our explicit permission."

How can this be construed by the VEKN as anything other than being "against" the VEKN?

Eric/Carl/Jeff *couldn't* have been under the impression that, as Design Team members for the VEKN's new set, "their" material was somehow proprietary, as they have all play tested in the past. So, by claiming it as proprietary and insisting that the VEKN Design Team not use "their" material, they elicited a response which was likely appropriate.

Whether or not all the persons involved on both sides acted kindly or viciously in private, we will never know, but to me, almost none of what has been said by either side in public rises to the level of being unkind.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
02 May 2012 17:13 - 02 May 2012 17:13 #29288 by Amenophobis

Have the National Coordinators already approved this new structure?

Were the NC’s consulted and allowed the opportunity to provide input?

So far there has been no answer to these two simple questions by any members of the IC. I think these valid questions deserve to be answered.
Last edit: 02 May 2012 17:13 by Amenophobis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang

More
02 May 2012 17:26 #29290 by Szewski
Everything is done without any permission/talking/whatever.

For example I'm reading everything very carefully but it is obvious for me that some Vekn members (and IC members) want to do everything alone...

Do everything has to be done without NC? or there are some NC's who knows everything and some who just red about it here...

My beloved friends from Poland (vtes players ofc :)) have many doubt about some situations in Vekn but we chose not to say anything because it's clearly for us that no one will hear us...but its "normal" when minority deals with majority...sad but true.

Regards
Szewski

p.s. the most important in Vekn are PLAYERS! please, do not forget about this. Without them everything is nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang, dude_PL, Ohlmann

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds