check State of the V:EKN - May 1

02 May 2012 17:55 #29299 by ReverendRevolver
I'm just curious, because normally the quietest groups of people tend to have the most non-linear (and sometimes, most thought-out) views, what is the opinion of your area?
I'm just sitting back hoping wounds can heal (maybe by the time the NAC gets here ?) and that our IC pulls off a miraculous set. i have alot of respect for the IC, the current design team, and for the members of the design team that have stepped down.
It's unfortunate that differences were had and unresolved, but all of these individuals are good people, and have alot of love for the game. I don't see any gain for us as a community to argue at our keyboards over what has happened.
I'm sad to see the design team issues become what they did, and i'm not entirely sure what to make of all of the state of the vekn statement yet, but it looks like they're addressing several problems and concerns that we've been voicing.
i understand the turmoil is on everyones mind, but is noone going to be optimistic that at least companies are discussing buying the game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2012 17:56 #29301 by D-dennis

Have the National Coordinators already approved this new structure?

Were the NC’s consulted and allowed the opportunity to provide input?

So far there has been no answer to these two simple questions by any members of the IC. I think these valid questions deserve to be answered.

As far as I understand the role of a National Coordinator, they/we don't need to be consulted in such matters.
Personally I don't care much about being consulted in this case, mostly because I don't have much to add to the decision that needs to be taken (if any).

No matter how much time, money and effort we spend on V:tES, in the end it is still just a game. A game that needs to be played.
The fact that busloads of volunteers spend time to make this game better, and to organise play for other people is greatly appreciated by players around the world.
The fact that those volunteers do not always agree on certain things is understood by those very same players.
The fact that the disagreeing volunteers start arguing over the interent: I'm pretty sure that after more than 20 years of internet, we have all seen worse...

At this moment I have the impression that things are not leading to a better vtes but to a verdict about who is right or wrong.
I will conclude with the words I told my predator/prey in a tournament game from last week: "Let's play this game, we can be friends after that".

Best Regards,

Dennis
NC for Belgium
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
02 May 2012 18:07 #29305 by Szewski
My point of view is:

When everything lies with democracy, why in such important things we can't vote?

Maybe the IC members should??? or the NC???

Ok, some of the NC's doesn't care about this situation or anything at all. But some do. So maybe its time to do something together?
or it's just a simply though of an impossible idea???

regards
Szewski

p.s. I'm feeling like I was said to much :) now I will remain silent...

More
02 May 2012 18:09 #29306 by johannes

Have the National Coordinators already approved this new structure?
Were the NC’s consulted and allowed the opportunity to provide input?

So far there has been no answer to these two simple questions by any members of the IC. I think these valid questions deserve to be answered.

No.
No.

More
02 May 2012 18:14 #29308 by johannes

When everything lies with democracy, why in such important things we can't vote?
Maybe the IC members should??? or the NC???

The IC did vote on this. Actually the IC votes on all the decisions, I very rarely take decisions alone.

Ok, some of the NC's doesn't care about this situation or anything at all. But some do. So maybe its time to do something together?
or it's just a simply though of an impossible idea???

No, absolutely not impossible. I suggest you apply for one of the 3 open IC positions. As you said, some NCs "only" care about their country, fine. For those who want to be involved further this is the way to go and this is why we opted for this extension of the IC. Some of the National Coordinators have a double function in the IC (i.e Gines/Damnans). Also I have noted as a first thing for the new Spokesperson IC that he should always inform NCs a couple of days in advance about announcements and collect feedback.

p.s. I'm feeling like I was said to much :) now I will remain silent...

Please don´t. Your questions were valid and polite. I will always try to address those kind of questions.

More
02 May 2012 18:18 #29309 by johannes

No, absolutely not impossible. I suggest you apply for one of the 3 open IC positions. As you said, some NCs "only" care about their country, fine. For those who want to be involved further this is the way to go and this is why we opted for this extension of the IC. Some of the National Coordinators have a double function in the IC (i.e Gines/Damnans).

Just to clarify, being a NC is NOT a requirement for applying for one of the IC positions. Anyone is welcome.

If you are afraid of a long-term commitment, this is not for life. If you feel you are not able to fullfill the position at some point in the future you can always opt for Chairman Emeritus and the position will be open for application again.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds