check State of the V:EKN - May 1

03 May 2012 14:52 #29367 by johannes

Well, you would have been a lot better off to actually say from the get go "we fire Echiang and move its position to [XXX]".

If you re-read the letter you will discover that I state.

The Storyline Coordinator position will be moved from the Inner Circle to the Design Team.

Exactly what you ask.

Eric Chiang will be leaving us as storyline coordinator after running the event at the NAC. We thank him for his service.

I could have written "fired" instead of "leaving" to clarify that it was not his intention but ours. I simply wanted to leave that open, knowing that he would clarify himself if he WANTS TO. Some people would have probably preferred if the intention wasn´t made clear.

So except for one little detail I did exactly that. If the prime quality you want in your Chairman is to polish every little word he writes and make everything as slick as soap (in a foreign language) go ahead and find that Chairman. That´s not me, and I don´t think it is what makes a good Chairman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2012 15:37 - 03 May 2012 15:39 #29370 by brandonsantacruz
Can we please move on to something constructive?

Now, who do I make this out to?

Award

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 03 May 2012 15:39 by brandonsantacruz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
03 May 2012 15:45 #29371 by Damnans

THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM.

[...]

PROCESS MATTERS.

In my opinion these worries about process are mainly a smokescreen to avoid the fact that you did not recognize the authority of the Inner Circle over the Design Team, a body created by the Inner Circle.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
03 May 2012 19:45 - 03 May 2012 19:47 #29380 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

www.vekn.net/index.php/vampire-elder-kindred-network/213-state-of-the-vekn-may-1
....The good news is this only slightly impacted the development process and we are still on track for Round 3 of playtesting. Ben Peal will speak to more details in an upcoming Designers' Diary....
Johannes Walch
Chairman of the V:EKN

Please forgive me if this has been asked and I missed the response, or if we're clearly supposed to simply wait for the next Diary. But I think these questions are timely and appropriate.

First, I am curious to know if the 3 departed members of the DT have been replaced, or if Round Three and the release versions will be handled by an abbreviated team. If so, how abbreviated?

I know that you have intentionally been secretive about who sits on the design team to protect them from a deluge of unsolicited email. I'm fine with that, I'm not asking for names, just numbers.

Second, from the IC's viewpoint, what will be the structure of the Design Team for any subsequent fan-based sets? Are we looking at the same process and people, or would a new group be assembled with some latitude for self-governance?

(I'm not suggesting that the V:EKN immediately be glutton enough for punishment that a second set is commissioned immediately - I just want to know if this is the IC's vision for "business as usual going forward"

Thanks in advance.
Darby
Last edit: 03 May 2012 19:47 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.

More
03 May 2012 20:34 #29382 by david.tatu
The Design team has had people join, leave, return, go silent and resign over the course of the process. Also, new production positions have been added and new people have stepped up over the months.

There are many voices contributing to the current production and cards and all is proceeding on schedule.

There is going to be a detailed review and if and when a next set is produced, there will be a structure in place and a team set up that is a direct reflection of what has been learned, both good and bad, during the course of this production.

I would say that the current process and how it came about could be simply described as:
"Let's create a small set of cards to keep the game fresh and alive while waiting for a new publisher. We will ask some folks to help and ask for volunteers and they will go off and create a small set. No problem."

It could have been that easy. It is really not that hard to design a set of cards. But things got a little crazy and now we have this... distraction that has taken up way too much time, caused a lot of pain and distrust and has the player base questioning nearly everything the IC does and says. Much more effort and time has been devoted to dealing with all the "issues" then has been spent working on the set, and that is a waste of valuable, volunteer, time and a real shame.

So yes, things will be done differently and every system, procedure and person will be reviewed, input will be requested from the player base and maybe the next time will be a pleasant and rewarding experience for all involved.

Thanks,

David Tatu
V:EKN Scribe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, extrala, D-dennis

More
04 May 2012 05:16 #29386 by Ashur

It is really not that hard to design a set of cards.

This depends on what goals you have. I don´t think it´s easy at all with VtES. Lots of things to think about.

I agree with the rest though :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds