file The future of V:TES

08 Dec 2012 15:26 #42548 by XZealot
Replied by XZealot on topic Re: The future of V:TES
My thought would be $100.00 or $150.00 per set where you can print out an unlimited amount of cards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2012 16:17 #42549 by ReverendRevolver
Im not sure about unlimited. Perhaps with each new set, our POD company could offer a full set at one price, then remove a certain percent for lets say 5x every vampire and 8 of every library card.

Im really looking forward to the new options pod offers the game as a whole.

More
08 Dec 2012 16:35 #42551 by LunaSlave
Replied by LunaSlave on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Here's my proposal. Print on demand custom decks, like some have suggested. But each deck is restricted to exactly 12 vampires, X amount of cards that were rares/non-vampire uncommons, let's say 6? (seems like a good number to me) and the rest of the deck must be composed of commons.

Then, not only do you have a viable way for people to pick up cards, you have a potential new tournament format ready to go as well - where people can literally just order up a deck optimized for that format that's 100% ready to go, straight out of the box. I think this might breathe some fresh air into the game and force people to be creative!

More
08 Dec 2012 19:18 #42556 by ReverendRevolver
While thats viable for a product, i would not like limitations like that imposed. Its illogical. Having a minimum order quantity makes sense, or other production related logic limitations, but limitations on custom precons doesnt seem practical.

Even precons should be whatever you custom order, and maybe vekn designedones can have limitations and possibly be cheaper. But POD is probably going to cost a bit, i see no reason to charge more and offer less.

More
08 Dec 2012 21:38 #42560 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: The future of V:TES

While thats viable for a product, i would not like limitations like that imposed. Its illogical. Having a minimum order quantity makes sense, or other production related logic limitations, but limitations on custom precons doesnt seem practical.

Even precons should be whatever you custom order, and maybe vekn designedones can have limitations and possibly be cheaper. But POD is probably going to cost a bit, i see no reason to charge more and offer less.

Whether you are paying for 100 "rare" cards or 100 "common" cards, or a mix thereof, you are paying for 100 cards. Having limitations to the cards in a started deck would allow for two things:

1) Helps with card ratios, (ideally based on card function and power level)

2) Allows for "starter" deck tournaments/competition.

You are not paying more for less as you suggest.

Limitations on "starter" decks is different than limitations on "a la carte" purchasing. If such ratios were to be enforced for "a la carte" purchasing, or if cards were purchased in a set with set ratios, those are two different discussions.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
09 Dec 2012 00:39 #42565 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Limiting to only 6 rares would be pretty bad, as most of the time the rares are the only things people need, and what about uncommons? Your post didn't say anything about those, uncommons not allowed in the decks? I personally think people should be allowed to order whatever cards they want, the cost for printing is just the same anyway, whether its commons or rares.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds