file The future of V:TES

16 Apr 2013 07:07 #47010 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Compare
1) 5 gladiators with swords and shields battle it out.
and
2) 5 gladiators with a broom, a toothpick, a feather, a toothbrush and a shovel battle it out.
In what enviroment do you get the most hardened meta?

I'd rather it compare with five gangsters with a gun in each hand pointing to each other. They shoot down the most dangerous first. In a quality meta, people should and would quickly put down Tier 1 decks, thus making funky decks quite likely to win if they divert attention or go gunning like there's no tomorrow. In a bad meta, people would concentrate playing their own game, thus shifting power to well-tuned decks instead of those trying to create a sense of relative safety.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver, Soonerborn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2013 07:33 - 16 Apr 2013 07:35 #47012 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Compare
1) 5 gladiators with swords and shields battle it out.
and
2) 5 gladiators with a broom, a toothpick, a feather, a toothbrush and a shovel battle it out.
In what enviroment do you get the most hardened meta?

Feel free to elaborate.

I'd hire the broom& toothpick wielders any day.
Your enemies catch you and your gladiators unarmed at night. They laugh at you, then shortly thereafter die from wounds by teaspoons, keyholders and 5 color pencil. All the awesomeness for you.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 16 Apr 2013 07:35 by Reyda.

More
16 Apr 2013 08:08 #47014 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I'd hire the broom& toothpick wielders any day.
Your enemies catch you and your gladiators unarmed at night. They laugh at you, then shortly thereafter die from wounds by teaspoons, keyholders and 5 color pencil. All the awesomeness for you.

I do not understand. Is this some kind of joke? My post was an analogy for Vtes. In a Vtes context.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
16 Apr 2013 11:17 #47020 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: The future of V:TES

If there is nothing to report as things progress at snail's pace or less, there is, erm, nothing to report.

This is not the way to to it. The IC don´t communicate much at all, about anything. I don´t see why that should be good.

I'm all for improved communication.

But how often you want the ICs to post the hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly update?

I'd assume that in vast majority of instances, epecially in the lower end of the spectrum, the update would be "The news is there is no news".

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Apr 2013 11:31 #47022 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

But how often you want the ICs to post the hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly update?

I'd assume that in vast majority of instances, epecially in the lower end of the spectrum, the update would be "The news is there is no news".

A monthly update don´t seem entirely unrealistic, considering the popularity of the game and so on. Even though there is no news on pod/danse, it seem approriate to confirm the organization is still active and doing SOMETHING, or at least striving to do something. Especially in times like these.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
16 Apr 2013 13:43 #47027 by Count Orlok
Replied by Count Orlok on topic Re: The future of V:TES
If there isn't news, then make some. The IC should start coordinating storylines, playtesting the next set, or anything to show that they're actually engaged with this game.

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds