file The future of V:TES

16 Apr 2013 00:28 #46999 by ReverendRevolver

You cant seriously judge the weight of yiur meta on twda or even hall of famers.

Eh? What is this a reply to? I didn´t say anything like that. What are you referring to?

Sorry, i must have assumed you were going with a more quantitative line of reasoning on that entire hardened meta thing. I admire most of the decks i see come from most of the stockholm area, but i disagree that playing tried and true decks in casual is the benchmark of a rigid meta.
On tbe flipside, if your playing malk '94 in my meta at a casual table, and yiu arent either new to the game or on the verge of offing yourself due to not ousting anyone in years, the table isnt going to like you. Numerous times i made a habit of doing dirty things to no brain stealthbleed decks ran by players who knew better. For a solid three months, if my grand predator playex g2 ks bleed, regardless of who played it, i would prop up my predator with oneaction a turn, and if i had dominate, i would delibertly steal Korah and or Kite with graverobbing as soon as my predator was on their last legs. I like prisus and intercept, and people should play better decks in a combat meta.

But i digress. Some tier one decks, such ad vignes, !ventrue grinders, no secrets, and lawfirm have lots of flex within the archetype and can be tooled out funky or slimmed down and streamlined to stupid efficiency and have it be exciting in casual ir a tournament.
But playing imbued table poison, girls, or una solitaire in casual is annoying, no matter how its sliced. Playing all tier one in cazual doesnt really better a meta, is what im getting at. Variety and large quality and quantity of players do that.

On the main topic:

I think the VEKN wanted a shock and awe "ta-da!" Type unveiling of both POD and danse coming out, but its just taking alot of time to make it happen.
I, like most players, was happy to wait on a set, to decrease wallpaper and increase useful and balanced cards. Butineed somethin soon on one front or the other, or im bored with the concept of a new set. Theres still plenty of decks to build withoit them, and while my experiments prove things like gotsdam is more versatile than bindusara, eventually im bound to run our of ds and ah 9 caps to build decks around, and im going to need more cards. Id really hooe POD is unning by then, so i can really try things after all this wait.

This thread has kept going largely due to lack of information...

Every 3 posts is someone saying they want a post, anniuncement, pm, carrier pigeon note, smoke signal message, comic speech bubble atrached to a figure in the gobi desert... ANYTHING relaying an update, even, and at this point maybe even especially, if there is no news other than nobody has been abducted by aliens and progress is still being made.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2013 05:39 - 16 Apr 2013 05:55 #47002 by hardyrange
Replied by hardyrange on topic Re: The future of V:TES

This thread has kept going largely due to lack of information...

Every 3 posts is someone saying they want a post, anniuncement, pm, carrier pigeon note, smoke signal message, comic speech bubble atrached to a figure in the gobi desert... ANYTHING relaying an update, even, and at this point maybe even especially, if there is no news other than nobody has been abducted by aliens and progress is still being made.

That is exactly the reason why I made my post, to the Inner Circle, and repeated it above (and I will continue to do so).
The lack of any communication re Danse Macabre and Print-on-Demand, despite myself and others repeatedly asking for it, worries me very much.

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager
Last edit: 16 Apr 2013 05:55 by hardyrange.

More
16 Apr 2013 06:29 #47005 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: The future of V:TES
People seem to confuse the lack of information to divulge to the deliberate unwillingness to keep the masses up to date.

If there is nothing to report as things progress at snail's pace or less, there is, erm, nothing to report.

Then again, perhaps the IC are keeping everyone, including Princes and NC completely uninformed of the Machiavellian machinations. You know, treating us all like Champions (the mushrooms) -keeping us in the dark and feeding bullshit. :P

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Apr 2013 06:48 #47006 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

If there is nothing to report as things progress at snail's pace or less, there is, erm, nothing to report.

This is not the way to to it. The IC don´t communicate much at all, about anything. I don´t see why that should be good.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
16 Apr 2013 06:53 #47007 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Rumor mill...

Hum... Princes and NC can buy cards printed on demand for 0.05€ each... that's only available for them. The expansion logo is the original one...

Some of them are making a fortune on Ebay...

:evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
16 Apr 2013 06:55 #47008 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Playing all tier one in cazual doesnt really better a meta, is what im getting at. Variety and large quality and quantity of players do that.

I don´t see the logic behind this.

Compare
1) 5 gladiators with swords and shields battle it out.
and
2) 5 gladiators with a broom, a toothpick, a feather, a toothbrush and a shovel battle it out.
In what enviroment do you get the most hardened meta?

Of course there are louds of odd ways to win in VTES, but there are limits to what are really viable.

Feel free to elaborate.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds