check State of the V:EKN: News from the printshop

19 Apr 2013 12:32 #47253 by Soonerborn

I have more than 30k cards and I really don't care with the "Market Price". Do you think that you will have a market if no one else plays the game? - Do you really think that you can find new players willing to pay a ton of money to play a dead game?

For collectors... the expansion symbol will be different.

This describes me exactly, well said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2013 14:42 #47255 by jamesatzephyr

It seems currently that not all of the 3500 something cards will be available from the get-go, especially since all of the cards will have the same (latest) layout. So it will be a gradual process of adding cards, new to old, as the old cards get re-layouted (a very time consuming and tedious task).

What's the situation with artwork? I appreciate the specifics may vary from card to card, of course, but in general.

Are most pieces of artwork available for reprinting? Were there temporary licenses that have expired or can't be transferred to a third-party? Are we likely to be talking about scans of cards for artwork from the WotC era, rather than originals (or scans of originals)? And/or sourcing new art, of course. I'd just be interested to know if we're talking 5 pieces of new art or 500 - ballpark figures.

More
19 Apr 2013 15:17 #47256 by Gnerphk
I'd like to point out that I'd be delighted to pay more for Rares, a little more for Vamps and Uncommons, and not much for Commons. Having a graduated pricing scale just makes sense.

On the other hand, it'll be interesting to see the 60-Freak Drive March Halcyon Turbo Withdrawal deck actually hit the table.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
19 Apr 2013 19:08 #47260 by kombainas
IMHO, it would is not sensible to pay more for rares as they differ vastly in playability. Furthermore, as long as feedback is concerned, people are more concerned with particular combos, not rarity.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
19 Apr 2013 19:30 #47263 by self biased
as has been said before in other places, the secondary market is largely irrelevant; the health of the game is paramount.

I for one, welcome our new POD overlords. the way the game plays, I think it's far better suited in the LCG format as opposed to the CCG format.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soonerborn

More
20 Apr 2013 00:54 #47268 by ReverendRevolver
On the subject of artwork, im sure we can make it interesting when the time comes in regards to new art.

Several vekn members are solid artists. I am decidedly NOT one of those members, but have friends who are indeex excellent with art. One of them is a photographer, and stylistically he enjoys editing things in strange ways that could easily fit into the theme of most vtes artwork. Another friend of mine is a tatooist and he has become very good in coverups and corrections to other peoples horrible tattoos, and hes a horror fan, and im sure hed be atleast marfinaly interested in potential work.

The reason i bring this up is im sure some artwork may not be legally usable, and some could just use updating.

Parity shift is for example probably something most players want 50 or so of, and will be ordering it accordingly when able to do so for pod price. So, would it not be interesting to give it new art, if its not already going to need that for legal reasons anyway?
Following that thought, why not have the dt select maybe 5 submissions for said card and have it voted upon?

Just an idea.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds