check State of the V:EKN: News from the printshop

03 May 2013 16:57 #48151 by Dorrinal
The Gehenna events were created to tie into the RPG's Gehenna releases, and represent the events in the book(s) with cards. Sure fire way to introduce bad cards.

:trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2013 17:14 #48152 by ReverendRevolver

The Gehenna events were created to tie into the RPG's Gehenna releases, and represent the events in the book(s) with cards. Sure fire way to introduce bad cards.

damn shame it happened with gahenna and the reckoning. If we could have had better tie ins, imafine how the game wouldve been...

Yearxof the scarab, we coulda gotten Amenti ( mummy allies that coulda had access to base versions of disciplinez to simulate thier haiku or whatever, they are ctypt cardd like imbued, but when they are burned, roll a 6 sided die and they come back in that many turns)

Hell, maybe when orpheous came out they coulda given necromancy some useful cards and allies.

Or in conjunction with NoR, add some risen allies.

KotE would SUCK in vtes, but any other splat, and it could work. Imbued were too much, and gahenna cards were kinda all over the place in utility. I am thankful cards like the rising were balanced well thoug, in later sets, and some events are still cool.

Sad to say, but i think imbued are not gonna get any more help/ printed shit, and neither are any splat getting crypt cards but vamps from here on out.

But we COULD benefot from some vamps that xhurn out a given type of ally easily. An Abomination that recruits any werewolf at one less cost, a nagaraja who recruits any wraith or zombie at one less, and or a baali who does that with demons. Possibly a kiasyd that does so as well, but since theres only 2 changeling allies and 1 retainer kiasyd cant use right now, i dont think that matters as much.

More
03 May 2013 19:43 #48161 by Ohlmann
Ally are already too important for my taste, so anything that recruit more easily allies is a bad idea in my humble opinion.

I find your mummy idea especially jarring, since thoses mummy are ennemy of kindred, extremely low in number, and anecdotical in the lore at best.

In the same idea, Abomination don't get along with werewolf all that well, and Baali seem to have no relation with Demon: The Fallen (even if they do have access to some entity also called demon).

Now, Gehenna was event directly in the Vampire world, which concerned mainly vampire. Adding them to the game was a great idea, but a great idea which was hard to implement, and was more or less failed.

More
03 May 2013 20:48 #48163 by echiang

Throughout all of playtest, it was simply "requires two Gehenna events in play." During playtest it was never the more restrictive printed version of "requires two Gehenna events controlled by others."

Also, until the final round, it prevented Earth Meld from being played at all (rather than costing 2 additional blood).

This card is unbelievably bad. I don´t even understand what the initial idea of it was. Like "How does this card address a compelling game need?"

Well, the primary effect is to deal damage to people's vampires each turn. In that sense it fits well with the New Inquisition - you don't get to choose the target, but you don't have to worry about it easily getting voted out.

The anti-Earth Meld is just a minor effect as opposed to the blood depletion. Blood depletion works well with Marijava Thuggee, or Cryptic Mission, or Foul Blood.

One possible "game benefit" is that like Anarch Revolt and Ancilla Empowerment / Anarchist Uprising, it helps accelerate the game by depleting resources, in contrast to The Coven and Autarkis Persecution which tend to make the game longer.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
05 May 2013 17:49 #48215 by Lech
Becoming of Ennoia is on par with Eyes of the Dead right now. Which is shame, as it would be playable with just "requires two Gehenna events in play".

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
17 May 2013 12:53 #48632 by Charles_Bronson
A pity. That could be a nice gehenna event, helping to use Fueled By the Hearts Blood and Wormwood, two nice events that dont have many options now.

An errata would be nicely welcome.

Many people hate erratas, I think we should avoid them, but this card is really a easy fix, a nice example of how would be an elegant errata use.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds