check State of the V:EKN: News from the printshop

01 Aug 2013 11:36 #52594 by Ohlmann
There is no much cost for them if VtES die. So time is not money for them in this case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2013 03:15 #52657 by johannes

Hardy,
I'd be betting that either CCP or Hasbro lawyers have it filed in the "To do on a quiet week" pile. It probably doesn't represent a great internal revenue for them (as a legal department) AND there isn't a pressing external need (i.e. there isn't a Chief Somebody telling them to get it done yesterday).

Us attempting to lobby them would be useless. We are better off showing them that it would potentially be worth enough money to make it worth the time to sort out.

That is a very good representation of what is happening.
Let´s see what GenCon brings.

More
09 Sep 2013 12:07 - 09 Sep 2013 12:19 #53967 by Timo
In march (iirc), we were told that there will be some preview from danse macabre.

We are now 6 months later and the playtesting for yet another set has begun and I don't know of any teaser. But I see a good number of players leaving the game.

Hope is a great thing but people need more practical stuff.

Id it possible to have something to meke people wait for the game to be reborn like some good previews?

And maybe a timeline could be decided in which at some point, if PoD is not yet officially scheduled, the new set will be legal for PDF play.

I have great hope for the PoD system but I am afraid it is killing us.

People are waiting for "something" at "some date" and while waiting they do nothing else, they start to go to torpor and soon will be impossible to wake up.

Fo example I have a good number of deck idea for which I don't make any effort to gather the catds because I wait for PoD to happen.

Sorry for the bad post construction and for the approximate english.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2013 12:19 by Timo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardyrange, Ashur

More
09 Sep 2013 13:02 #53968 by Ashur

I have great hope for the PoD system but I am afraid it is killing us.

I agree. This is going unbelievably slow.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
09 Sep 2013 17:19 #53975 by ReverendRevolver
Id like to see spoilers, but im not really feeling a pdf set currently. Im in the same baot with waiting on pod so i can build many decks, and my wifes waiting for that as well, but pdf sets arent really going to help in my region.
Much of our lost playerbase is just gone without pod happening.

But again, spoilers would be great.

More
09 Sep 2013 17:24 #53976 by BenPeal
My preference is that Danse Macabre would have already been released by now as a PDF in advance of POD. However, I have not yet been given the green light to do that by Onebookshelf.com, who are still in negotiations with Hasbro and CCP. We would all like this to go more quickly, but it isn't.

As I mentioned in the most recent Designers' Diary, there _will_ be previews of Danse Macabre in a presentation by the Design Team at the EC in Stockholm. Those previews (and that presentation) will also be shared with the entire V:TES community here on vekn.net.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds