map-pin Announce your Presence

26 Jan 2011 08:25 - 26 Jan 2011 08:26 #808 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Announce your Presence
Ralf from Paderborn , Germany. I started playing VtES back in 1994 to 1996 when attending university. I came back to the game in late 2003, when Andreas Nusser showed me the game is still alive and kicking during the Essen Game Fair 2003.

I usually play in the playgroups of Bochum and Gelsenkirchen. Since I am often traveling (jobwise) in Germany, I visit the playgroups in the cities (Munich or Frankfurt for example) where I am working during the week.

In VtES I like decks taking many actions, so I often end up with ally or weenie decks. All of my tournament winning decks have an average capacity below 4. So if you encounter me in a tournament and I play midcap or fatties, you can relax .. I am no threat.

Oh, and I happen maintain a VtES blog .
Last edit: 26 Jan 2011 08:26 by extrala.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2011 08:36 #809 by Pascal Bertrand
Hi,

I'm Pascal Bertrand, French National Coordinator.
I started playing the game around 2002/2003. I've always fancied Malkavians.

You can find more info about me here:
vekn.net/index.php/vampire-elder-kindred-network/national-coordinators

More
26 Jan 2011 09:37 #810 by Amenophobis
I'm Carl Pilhatsch, NC Austria. I'm an oldschool VTES player, having started to play in 1994 right when Jyhad hit the shelves.
I have organised the first EC ever in 1999, and the ones in 2000 and 2002 in Vienna. I have also been VEKN membership director for a couple of years.
I have been constantly playing VTES, though in the past few years only in private sessions. Currently we try to establish a regular gaming night again. The date of the first will be February 1st.
I play mostly funky decks which don't work that well. I like superstar vampires. ;)

More
27 Jan 2011 07:21 #824 by Crixus
Replied by Crixus on topic Re: Announce your Presence
Hello,

I´m Pasi Karjalainen from Jyväskylä, Finland. I have been playing since 1996. I have been in EC four times in row. I love the competive aspect of V:TES tournaments. Usally I'm in a process of testing and preparing for major tournaments like National Champs, Ropecon and of course EC. I'm not the most creative deckbuilder but I know how to fine-tune decks.

Prince of Jyväskylä

More
27 Jan 2011 08:20 #829 by Jazzbeaux
I am Sam Marsh, Prince of Bath, former writer of the Ahrimanes NLs, poor performer in tournaments!
I have been playing since 1994, and played right up to international level when I went to Heidelburg for the EC. Currently we aren't playing as much as we did, mostly due to time constraints. I have set up a Guild on Boardgamegeek (Trowbridge and Bath Vtes Group) so you can find us there. Perhaps come for a visit to the beautiful city of Bath?

Sam

More
27 Jan 2011 09:35 #835 by Shockwave
Oh okay...

I'm Dave Knowles (Adv, there's two in the UK VTES scene), and I'm one of the troublemaking Manchester playrgoup in the UK. I've been playing since the late 90's, and my cards sat unused in a cupboard for about 5 years until on a whim, I suggested the game to a group of work colleagues.

Years later, the group is around 8 potential players, one of them (John Best) has a TWD, we all have pretty substantial collections and play every week within our office. I mostly spend my time trying to avoid playing Tier 1 decks, and sitting in finals with Hugh Angseeing, who then wins them.

I share John Eno's love of the Sawn-Off Shotgun.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds