times The Unaligned: Previews

21 Sep 2014 11:58 - 21 Sep 2014 12:06 #65614 by jamesatzephyr

I like :cel: :qui: combat card, hopefully it will have some uses. On the other side, psyche! fills similar role already. Maybe it will allow use long range strike combat with higher efficiency?

From the Assamite point of view, Psyche's excellent with - for example - guns where you can hold off on playing most of your cards until you see the Majesty. For example, in a relatively low-combat metagame, you could probably rush, maneuver to range with the gun, shoot, see that your opponent hasn't played S:CE, then Blur and maybe toss in a Target or Ammo cards at this point. A comparable Quietus deck would probably be looking at a Flash or Pursuit, followed by, say, Blood Sweat (blood cost), both of which would be lost with the Psyche. So hopefully more diverse long-range combat.

Also, if you play, say, Baal's Bloody Talons and Weighted Walking Stick, you stand a much better chance of connecting. WWS for 2 damage, Blur superior, 2 damage, 3 agg damage, Taste of Vitae. Not too shabby. And trumpable by IG. But still, not altogether shabby.

Edit to add: I think in both cases there's also the tangible but hard-to-quantify benefit of being able to predict your card flow a little better. You stand a much better chance of actually having the combat and being able to play the cards you want to. Of course, your opponent can still play Obedience, or hit back, or damage prevention, or whatever, but you don't have to prepare quite so much for aborted combats, or re-playing key cards.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2014 12:06 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2014 15:49 #65624 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

Waters of Duat Frontal Assault!

Waters of Duat can't benefit from the card...

More
21 Sep 2014 15:56 #65626 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
With psyche opponent have chance to play sce more times than you have psyche. It's bit better for wws/bbt, except you have an additional chance to draw wws.

On the other hand, new card +selective silence + tod(with perhaps some swallowed by the night for dabbler or pursuits for additional/maneuver.

Of course this card + walks of flame in ashrad deck will be sweet. As carrion crows played by nizzam or perhaps rowan ring tariq.

Long story short nice card and no power creep, props for design.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
22 Sep 2014 06:42 #65646 by Oortje
Replied by Oortje on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Is it just me or is the "in memory of the two lands" missing a duration notification. How long will the mummies have strength bonus? until end of the action? End of turn? and of round? End of game? It doesn't say, so I must presume it is until end of game.

Have a cold long night,
Jeroen van Oort
Dutch National Coördinator

More
22 Sep 2014 06:51 #65647 by Posco
Replied by Posco on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
I think it's only for the duration of the action. Example: Maris Streck's special says: "Burn one blood to give a blocking minion +1 intercept", but does not specify if the intercepts goes away when the action ends, but everyone knows is only for the duration of the action. Same with Chavi Oraczko, but with stealth.

Maris Streck
[ani]
[dem]
[dom]
[AUS]
[OBF]
[Malkavian] Malkavian

Capacity: 9

Group: 3

Camarilla Malkavian Justicar: Maris can burn a blood to give a blocking minion +1 intercept. She can take a +1 stealth action to allow you to look at and rearrange the top 5 cards of your library.

Chavi Oraczko
[nec]
[ANI]
[CHI]
[FOR]
[Ravnos] Ravnos

Capacity: 7

Group: 5

Independent. Red List: Once each action, Chavi may burn 1 blood to get +1 stealth. While she is ready, you get +1 hand size.

More
22 Sep 2014 08:31 #65650 by PetriWessman

Is it just me or is the "in memory of the two lands" missing a duration notification. How long will the mummies have strength bonus? until end of the action? End of turn? and of round? End of game? It doesn't say, so I must presume it is until end of game.

No, because of

a) common sense
b) precedent in older cards
c) the text "once each action" on the card

what you actually "must" presume is "for the duration of the action". :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clément

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds