times The Unaligned: Previews

18 Sep 2014 17:00 #65549 by HG.fi
Replied by HG.fi on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

One interesting thing: sup Sunguine Entrapment doesn't have "as above", so you'll have to choose between preventing dodge or S:CE. Usually it'll be S:CE, but...

I really like this design decision. Anything that makes combat less predictable (even if just a little) is good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clément, Pascek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2014 17:07 - 18 Sep 2014 17:09 #65550 by PetriWessman

This. Its already a corner case card.

Oh, definitely disagree there, I think it's a great card (though for a narrow application range, of course). Consider: almost always, you can make an educated guess about which "prevent" you need to choose. Opponent has discipline with access to S:CE? Forbid that. Otherwise, forbid dodge. Sure, you may run into someone with access to both at the same time (Staredown, for example), but really, how common is that? I doubt many decks will start swapping a lot of Majestys for Staredowns just because of this card :). And if this somehow does cause some diversification from just Majesty, I consider that to be a good thing. :)

Besides that, this is a great help to Assamite strike-based combat decks. Sure, Psyche! is nice if you have a permanent source of damage (gun, usually), but isn't that hot when you use strike cards, some of which cost blood.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2014 17:09 by PetriWessman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, a-e

More
19 Sep 2014 00:51 #65560 by The Flayed Man
Everyone is going on about the combat card. How about the 9 cap IC member? Plus the preview stated the library cards will be strong Assamite combat, where is the Necromancy & Chimerstry loving?

More
19 Sep 2014 00:58 #65561 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

Everyone is going on about the combat card. How about the 9 cap IC member? Plus the preview stated the library cards will be strong Assamite combat, where is the Necromancy & Chimerstry loving?

That was the Assamite preview. The previews for the other clans are coming. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, TorranceCircle, PetriWessman, godofroads

More
19 Sep 2014 02:26 #65562 by TorranceCircle
The art is great! Anti-combat ends for Assamite cel/gun decks is great.

More
19 Sep 2014 06:04 #65564 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Not being assamite fan at all, I like both cards a lot. Al-ashrad is very climatic and could be a base for nice star deck and anty s:ce for QUI CEL can bring QUI combat to at least playable level.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds