check Work-In-Progress preview of the upcoming Anarch-themed set

13 Sep 2015 16:35 - 13 Sep 2015 16:35 #73088 by Hakuron

Dear designers - please consider not making Appolonius Adv a Baron. Maybe as merged, but not from the start. (Switch places of rush effect and Baron title?) It will be too ugly with Chameleon.

Well, he would be strong with being a Baron from the start, but in my opinion he is not stronger than e.g. Montano (and he did not show up in many a tournament, I daresay).
You risk a lot when trusting only on him plus Chameleon.

(I guess, more relevant could be, that there is a limited access to copies of Chameleon out there!)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 13 Sep 2015 16:35 by Hakuron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2015 19:20 #73090 by drnlmza

(I guess, more relevant could be, that there is a limited access to copies of Chameleon out there!)

You probably don't need more than 7 or 8 Chameleons to make the deck. Anyone who bought a reasonable amount of Twilight Rebellion probably has at least couple of copies, and can trade with other players to get up to the required numbers. Otherwise, it's currently only $5 on Ebay. That doesn't look particularly limited to me.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
13 Sep 2015 20:34 #73091 by koko Loco
I'd like to say kudos and well done, to all the team involved in this and all the other expansions. Beautiful looking professional art work, and I couldn't be happier that there will be Anarch vampires, as opposed to having to use other tech to become an anarch including the +1 stealth action. Very excited, keep up the professional good work folks. :)

More
14 Sep 2015 04:23 #73096 by Ankha

Dear designers - please consider not making Appolonius Adv a Baron. Maybe as merged, but not from the start. (Switch places of rush effect and Baron title?) It will be too ugly with Chameleon.

Well, he would be strong with being a Baron from the start, but in my opinion he is not stronger than e.g. Montano (and he did not show up in many a tournament, I daresay).

I suppose you meant Vlad Tepes.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
14 Sep 2015 05:42 #73099 by Hakuron
I meant Montano, but it was a comparison in analogy which needs some explanation.

Montano has everything needed to play Baltimore Purge, Graverobbing and even Mind Rape with great efficiency in one turn.
Some players in Germany, Sweden and France witnessed my deck already, and were extremely scared by it for obvious reasons.
But only in rare cases I managed to dominate the table. Of course I made some minor to major mistakes, but morr relevant was seating and the playing skills of the other player.

Thus said, Appolonius adv. in the actual wording is an obvious threat, but not more, in my opinion.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
14 Sep 2015 05:49 #73100 by Ashur

No, this is never relevant. NEVER.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds