check Work-In-Progress preview of the upcoming Anarch-themed set

12 Sep 2015 19:06 #73058 by Kushiel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2015 19:09 #73059 by DeathInABottle
The cards look fantastic. Thanks a lot for sharing them before the set's complete.

More
13 Sep 2015 03:49 #73062 by mjvtes521
I love the art as I have for all of the vekn sets and really appreciate the preview. I want to first say that I am a big fan of what the vekn team has been doing and really appreciate all of their hard work. I love VTES and am thrilled that this organization exists to breathe new life into this awesome, yet dying game.

However, I gotta admit that I think these cards seem uninspired and I was a bit disappointed. I mean, there are basically a bunch of vanilla vamps whose only interesting quality is that they start out anarch. I could've thought of that. And half the dudes are just advanced versions of existing vamps with nothing very different about them other than being anarch. Yawn. I'm totally on board with encouraging more toolboxy decks, which I agree these guys do (with the discipline spreads synergy with current 3-way anarch cards), but I hope some of the other vamps in the set actually have interesting abilities. I like Appolonius ADV a lot and would totally make a deck with him and his base, but he's really the only guy in the preview that is at all intriguing, IMO. I hope that this is just a case of you guys getting the completed art for the mid-caps first and that the rest of the set includes new vamps with interesting abilities that synergize with other new vamps in the set or existing vamps that could use another friend or 2. I am very much looking forward to new anarch library cards as well, and can't wait to see more. Very excited to see a better merging card, as I've always liked the merging mechanic.

Also, the wording on Memory Rift is very confusing, IMO. Is it supposed to be like Keystone Kine, as you mentioned in your introduction, because it doesn't read that way, and Keystone was clear and unambiguous, so why the new confusing wording? If you have obf and pre, does that mean you get +1 stealth and a s:ce if blocked? I guess so based on your intro, but the wording isn't clear to me.

I don't mean to be too harsh, as I still have much hope and excitement for the rest of the set and I thought the last set (The Unaligned) was fantastic, but I really hope the rest of the set has more inspiration and ingenuity than this preview portion does. I say this only because I think it needed to be said and a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone. You guys are awesome, but I see room for improvement in this set. Not like it matters what I think, but I felt compelled to give my two cents. That is all.

More
13 Sep 2015 04:36 #73063 by PetriWessman

Also, the wording on Memory Rift is very confusing, IMO. Is it supposed to be like Keystone Kine, as you mentioned in your introduction, because it doesn't read that way, and Keystone was clear and unambiguous, so why the new confusing wording? If you have obf and pre, does that mean you get +1 stealth and a s:ce if blocked? I guess so based on your intro, but the wording isn't clear to me.

I don't find it confusing at all. It's a new template for functionality like Keystone Kine, but in a much more compact form. As it says, multiple disciplines can be used, so yes, with obf + pre you get +1 stealth + s:ce. I like it, myself, it's a lot easier to read than KK (less of a "wall of text" effect).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, Kushiel, Ashur, Barontinel

More
13 Sep 2015 07:11 #73065 by Bloodartist
I think the new wording is much less confusing that that of keystone kine, unless I was looking at some different version of the card.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
13 Sep 2015 07:17 #73066 by godofroads
Yeah I also don't find ithe new wording confusing, I think it's much clearer than the wording on Keystone Kine.

Thank you for the preview! Art looks great and I can't wait to see the rest of the set. I've been having fun with Brunnhilde and her Valkyries so this is all rather exciting. Especially as a newish player with a limited collection.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds