check Work-In-Progress preview of the upcoming Anarch-themed set

14 Sep 2015 05:54 #73101 by Ashur

Montano has everything needed to play Baltimore Purge, Graverobbing and even Mind Rape with great efficiency in one turn.

Yes, I agree, this is ugly too, but you could do this with decent efficiency before Montano too.

The problem there is Baltimore Purge, a game destroying shit card that never should have been designed in the first place. Death to all boring combo-decks - all hail the toolbox!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2015 06:50 #73102 by BenPeal

Dear designers - please consider not making Appolonius Adv a Baron. Maybe as merged, but not from the start. (Switch places of rush effect and Baron title?) It will be too ugly with Chameleon.

That's at the top of my list for things to watch out for and test. The change you recommend is the likely change for Round Three if Appolonius + Chameleon turns out to be over powered/broken. It hasn't yet been demonstrated in playtesting, but one playtest group mentioned to me at the EC that they think they've demonstrated it and will submit the results and findings for the Round Two playtest report. If any of you out there can test this and report back, that'd be awesome.

It does raise the question of whether Chameleon is a "problem card". It would be nice to simply have vampires who start off as Barons, much as have that for nearly every other title, but Chameleon may get in the way of that. This isn't to say that I'm proposing a change to Chameleon or a ban (I'm not), but it does present a design concern.

More
14 Sep 2015 10:04 #73109 by blackday
Yes, it might pose a problem. But as Ankha pointed out Vlad Tepes can also play chameleon on the 1st turn. So the issue might be with chameleon.
I agree with Ashur, Baltimore purge is a crappy card.

More
14 Sep 2015 11:50 #73112 by Blooded Sand
My shalmath toolbox loves the idea of chameleon, tbh. Will update with details once i have added it to iteration 25... But i cannot see it being anything but overpowered in there. Now, what to take out?

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
14 Sep 2015 11:53 #73113 by elotar
Don't like "Anarchs Unleished" as a name for anarch set. To straitforvard.
Something like "Constant revolution" seems more interesting.

I think vampires with interesting discipline spreads > vampires with deck defying abilities. It's boring if one crypt card is more important, than 90 card in library.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
14 Sep 2015 12:30 #73114 by koko Loco

Don't like "Anarchs Unleished" as a name for anarch set. To straitforvard.
Something like "Constant revolution" seems more interesting.

I think vampires with interesting discipline spreads > vampires with deck defying abilities. It's boring if one crypt card is more important, than 90 card in library.

I'm not sure what you mean by "It's boring if one crypt card is more important, than 90 card in library."

Could you give an one or more examples?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds