file BOOM! Swedish Paradox acquires White Wolf

29 Oct 2015 23:49 - 30 Oct 2015 00:32 #73950 by Maddog
However, an interview on VentureBeat suggets they’re going even further than that. ““We’re going to start licensing out the brand again from the beginning,” said Wester. “We’ll start with one World of Darkness. We’ll start, basically, from day one to unite the community under one flag.” The feeling is that “no-one has really been paying attention to what the community has been up to in the last few years. There’s going to be an immediate change.”

It'll be interesting watching this unfold, and what shape it will take..
Last edit: 30 Oct 2015 00:32 by Maddog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disco_Stu, Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2015 05:11 #73951 by xXLazarusXx
Well here's hoping we get something, and they don't destroy the world we know...

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:

More
30 Oct 2015 06:11 #73952 by Ashur

However, an interview on VentureBeat suggets they’re going even further than that. ““We’re going to start licensing out the brand again from the beginning,” said Wester. “We’ll start with one World of Darkness. We’ll start, basically, from day one to unite the community under one flag.” The feeling is that “no-one has really been paying attention to what the community has been up to in the last few years. There’s going to be an immediate change.”

This give me a positive feeling. I absolutely think Paradox can be reasoned with, providing a) WotC doesn´t mess things up, and b) what we want to do don´t interfer with any other plans they have.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
30 Oct 2015 11:17 #73955 by Boris The Blade

I'm sure that Paradox would also ask the question, "Well, hmm, do we actually need to make V:TES? Can we make a new CCG with the WOD setting that doesn't involve anything Wizards did at all?" I know a lot of you will say, "Well that won't be V:TES so I won't play it", which is totally fair. You've been buying V:TES cards for 20 years and you want to keep using them. The thing is, Paradox might not see partnering with Wizards as a viable option, so we might not get what we want regardless. Is there a way to remake V:TES that would make this community happy?

I for one do not care about my collection. If it takes a full reboot to secure the legal future of the game and grow the player base, then so be it. I just wish the format does not get dumbed down, but that almost sounds like an impossible equation: how do you broaden the appeal the game while still requiring 5 players to spend 2 hours on a single game?
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
30 Oct 2015 15:54 #73958 by cordovader
Unfortunately it seems V:TES is not in their plans, althought they talk about it in the new WW page:

This vision will be realized in multiple digital games titles, across a full range of media and immersive live-action events.

Let's see what happens...

More
31 Oct 2015 04:43 #73966 by Juggernaut1981

Is there a way to remake V:TES that would make this community happy?

I've been tinkering with a rebuild, not sure if its at a final draft stage yet... but I might 'leak it around' to people who might want to see.

Not planning to derail everything the VEKN have done, but maybe a new system would circumvent the problems of dealing with Hasbro.

I think its close to a complete draft, and mostly proof-reading required. Started kicking around ideas for that probably 6 months or more ago when it seemed unlikely as an outsider that Hasbro would get off their butt enough to license the things needed for VTES.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds