file BOOM! Swedish Paradox acquires White Wolf

01 Nov 2015 13:46 #73989 by Ankha
I think the link to this interview hasn't been mentioned yet:
www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/161249-White-Wolf-CEO-Interview

That said, Sjögren also made it clear that White Wolf intends to license the IP into as many channels as possible, noting that plans will include traditional tabletop roleplaying supplements. They are working with By Night Studios, the current licensee of the Mind's Eye Theater line of live-action roleplaying products, to develop more around that concept as well.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur, brettscho, 2wayspeaker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2015 16:42 #73996 by TheLich
Almost everything here is speculation. The people who are actually in the know aren't able to share much. A few people with some degree of the know have shared the obstacles that allegedly exist. The only consistent agreement I have gotten is the fear of what lawsuits come if you continue the game in physically profitable print form and that it would likely come from WOTC. Right now I would say that based on the Minutes from the IC meeting we back off and let whatever dark society communications that are going on continue. The minutes made it sound as if real negotiations are occurring. September's game status update stated that they are looking for a whole bunch of promoter positions to be filled within the V:EKN. I think our plan now as players should be to focus on growing the player base. Get people interested in the game. An increase in demo and event attendance will show any company or group that there is a desire for the game and from a desire for a game comes potential profits. Businesses like profits.

More
01 Nov 2015 17:21 #74000 by Ashur

But again: Anyone who know more, please enlighten us.

To what end? Do you think there's some magical way of making V:TES without involving Wizards that nobody has thought of in the past five years?

Why this attitude? To the end that I want to know, isn´t that enough?

It´s a little troubling if the VEKN IC board doesn´t know who owns what rights for the game, if it has been their aim to find out how to get it printed again.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: agzocgud

More
01 Nov 2015 19:06 #74001 by BenPeal

But again: Anyone who know more, please enlighten us.

To what end? Do you think there's some magical way of making V:TES without involving Wizards that nobody has thought of in the past five years?

Why this attitude? To the end that I want to know, isn´t that enough?

It´s a little troubling if the VEKN IC board doesn´t know who owns what rights for the game, if it has been their aim to find out how to get it printed again.

Communication over the Internet is sometimes awkward, but you appear to be making two assumptions:

- The V:EKN ICs are either uninterested or not doing enough to gather all of the information about what properties are owned and who owns them.

Like pretty much everyone else here, the V:EKN ICs are very interested in this information and they've tried to get it. Wizards is not communicative. I met face to face with someone who is a co-founder of White Wolf, on the board of directors for CCP, and the owner of OneBookShelf and asked for the very information you're looking for, and he only provided a partial answer.

- The rights holders would even want to tell us in the first place.

We are looking for very detailed and comprehensive information about what properties these companies own. Why would they divulge this to us? What is the business reason for them?

And again I ask, what would we even do with this information? We already know that Wizards owns stuff and CCP (now Paradox) owns stuff, and all that stuff is needed to make V:TES. It seems to me as though people are trying to argue that Wizards really doesn't own stuff after all. That's not the case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, D-dennis, Jussi, a-e, self biased

More
02 Nov 2015 10:05 #74024 by Ashur

- The rights holders would even want to tell us in the first place.

Yes, I´m more into this angle, as I guess VEKN are doing their best.

We are looking for very detailed and comprehensive information about what properties these companies own. Why would they divulge this to us? What is the business reason for them?

Goodwill reason? Not being assholes? Make VEKN stop asking questions?

And again I ask, what would we even do with this information? We already know that Wizards owns stuff and CCP (now Paradox) owns stuff, and all that stuff is needed to make V:TES.

With this information you can help get the game in print again, which is what VEKN wants.

It seems to me as though people are trying to argue that Wizards really doesn't own stuff after all. That's not the case.

Hehe, yeah, they own stuff, but nobody seem to know what.

Yes, it is awkward communication on the internet. But the reason I want to know who owns what is so that the game can be in print again. Unless it´s important that this ownership things are kept a secret. In that case I will shut up.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
02 Nov 2015 10:15 #74026 by Brum
It is clear that we have the following as a start:

- Onebookshelf is interested in printing, distributing and selling VtES.
- Paradox bought the WoD IP and want to (the very least) launch digital entertainment in the franchise. They have stated that the WoD community (so far, 100% non-digital) needs to be given better attention.
WoD has always been book and card based. Parabox will want to cater to these hardcore fans.
- WotC likes to make money. I assume.

How about a meeting between onebookshelf, VEKN and Paradox?
If onebookshef and Paradox find a common ground, it might be easier for them to talk with Wizards. Or Hasbro.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds