exclamation-circle ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

17 Jan 2016 21:56 - 17 Jan 2016 22:00 #74967 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

I have no idea why Seeds is banned. Looking forward to an explanation from the rules team.

Please note I'm only supposing here.

So, I suppose that the reason is that Seeds of Corruption removes "special abilities" that are defined nowhere in the rulebook, and that can't be defined easily. It's the kind of card that make you think when reading it: "what does it remove precisely"; and you'lll have no way of knowing it, even by reading the rules.
For instance, Seeds of Corruption on Tariq gives him back his 7-capacity. The "-4 capacity" is a drawback, but is considered as a special abilty which is not especially intuitive. I know that because I read the ruling. I hell don't know if the "not affected by blood curse" stays or not, since it's no longer linked to the clan. Previously he would be Independent and Blood Cursed (clan-related). Today, I don't know.

Maybe it will be errated in the future, but Floppy's current policy is not to errata cards until the reprint is on its way. So I suppose it's not for a game-balancing reason, but for rule reasons.

My 2 cents.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 17 Jan 2016 22:00 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis, brandonsantacruz, wesile, chrisn101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2016 22:36 #74968 by jamesatzephyr

I hell don't know if the "not affected by blood curse" stays or not, since it's no longer linked to the clan.

vekn.net/card-rulings/card-rulings-p-to-z
"Special ability" includes all text except terms (i.e., it doesn't include Clan, Sect, Title, Unique (or not), Blood Cursed, Circle, Flight, Infernal, Scarce, Slave, Sterile, Vulnerability, Anarch, Black Hand, Seraph, Red List). (note that this only restricts things that are possible only by special ability - things that a special ability makes impossible are still impossible.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
17 Jan 2016 22:41 #74969 by Blooded Sand

So, I suppose that the reason is that Seeds of Corruption removes "special abilities" that are defined nowhere in the rulebook, and that can't be defined easily. It's the kind of card that make you think when reading it: "what does it remove precisely"; and you'lll have no way of knowing it, even by reading the rules.

My 2 cents.

Seems like weak sauce to me. Not your explanation (thanks for that), but the fact that if it is correct that that was the reason

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
17 Jan 2016 23:20 #74971 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!
Thanks for posting it. I couldnt find the official ruling. Thanks again.

More
17 Jan 2016 23:41 #74972 by xXLazarusXx
I'm glad this came out. Here's to to the longevity of our game.

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
18 Jan 2016 05:06 #74973 by brandonsantacruz
Nice artwork. I look forward to the day that Unmasking is banned if we can't errata it to be "tap to give an ally +1 intercept." Way bigger influence on the game than Anthelios.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds