exclamation-circle ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

20 Mar 2016 21:14 #76046 by Pantsergeest
I hadn't spotted that one, thanks.

This does leave me puzzled, however, as to why this is a rule prohibiting a better alternative rather than an indication of what the bare minimum quality of printed cards is. Why not allow both ways, so you can have cheap print-outs but people who don't mind forking out a little extra can still print decent cards?

Not suggesting doing the same with previously released cards btw; I get there's a copyright issue there and the whole rarity and card collection aspect of the game would be ruined.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2016 22:26 - 20 Mar 2016 22:27 #76047 by jamesatzephyr

This does leave me puzzled, however, as to why this is a rule prohibiting a better alternative rather than an indication of what the bare minimum quality of printed cards is. Why not allow both ways, so you can have cheap print-outs but people who don't mind forking out a little extra can still print decent cards?

I have no idea what the motivation for the V:EKN team was, but speaking as someone who's judged a bunch of tournaments in the past, "sleeve, paper, card" would be much simpler for me to check than the extra possibilities for card marking afforded by people crafting their own cards. Touch the edge or corner of a card on the top of your library and have a good guess at what it is. Much harder with normal paper that's under the card.
Last edit: 20 Mar 2016 22:27 by jamesatzephyr.

More
20 Mar 2016 22:35 #76048 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!
Never had a problem with prints falling out in any game.
If you have such probs, try using Precise-/Pro-/Perfect-Fit sleeves.

AFAIK, the usage of color photocopies/prints ONLY was the fact that VEKN didn't want to peeve any license owners off and thus ruin the chances of the game being picked up again.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 Mar 2016 02:50 #76074 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

I hadn't spotted that one, thanks.

Not suggesting doing the same with previously released cards btw; I get there's a copyright issue there and the whole rarity and card collection aspect of the game would be ruined.

1. We don't want to encourage counterfeiting cards.

2. Yes, your idea only applies to the VEKN sets and not previously released cards, but the moment you say "Sure, you can make card versions instead of printouts" some people out there will get it in their heads - and they have - that you can do this for whichever cards you like.

3. I have never heard of anyone complaining that printouts were falling out of sleeves. Not in tournaments. Not in casual games. Not in playtest games. Not ever.

4. The tournament rules have always stated that you must play with Jyhad and/or V:TES cards. If you have concerns about what the bare minimum of printed quality is, then actual Jyhad/V:TES cards should have no problems - apart from physical damage - with meeting that bare minimum. I would not know where to begin with defining the bare minimum of quality for self-made cards.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds