exclamation-circle ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

23 Jan 2016 09:44 #75195 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

So the trouble comes from MMPAs, right ?

That wasn't the reason given.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2016 09:48 #75196 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

* Anthelios, The Red Star : This card uses a mechanism that also exists with other cards. Ashur's Tablets, Sudario Refraction, Gear Up, .. also allow recursion. To answer what was asked several times : no, there is absolutely no plan on changing or banning any of these.
The motivation for the Anthelios ban is triple :
a/ Anthelios is a non-interactive card. You can't block someone using Anthelios - which you can do with all other recursion cards : there is the Ashur's "race", you can block Sudario Refraction or any action that triggers this mechanism.
b/ (and this is double) When also using Parthenon / Anson / Cybele / Huitzilopochtli (/ ..), Anthelios becomes a free tutor for an immediate Master card. By "free" I mean that it costs no pool to use it, and it costs no card to use it (as in : your decksize remains the same). And by "immediate", I mean that the master card you've just fetched is very likely the one you'll be playing as your next master phase action, usually during the same master phase.
Now, should any of these points (realistic ways of burning events, cost to swap the cards, or usage during another phase) be changed in the future, I will gladly welcome back Anthelios in the game.

Not MMPA.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
24 Jan 2016 14:04 #75210 by jamesatzephyr

* Anthelios, The Red Star : This card uses a mechanism that also exists with other cards. Ashur's Tablets, Sudario Refraction, Gear Up, .. also allow recursion. To answer what was asked several times : no, there is absolutely no plan on changing or banning any of these.
The motivation for the Anthelios ban is triple :
a/ Anthelios is a non-interactive card. You can't block someone using Anthelios - which you can do with all other recursion cards : there is the Ashur's "race", you can block Sudario Refraction or any action that triggers this mechanism.
b/ (and this is double) When also using Parthenon / Anson / Cybele / Huitzilopochtli (/ ..), Anthelios becomes a free tutor for an immediate Master card. By "free" I mean that it costs no pool to use it, and it costs no card to use it (as in : your decksize remains the same). And by "immediate", I mean that the master card you've just fetched is very likely the one you'll be playing as your next master phase action, usually during the same master phase.
Now, should any of these points (realistic ways of burning events, cost to swap the cards, or usage during another phase) be changed in the future, I will gladly welcome back Anthelios in the game.

Not MMPA.

Bits of additional master phase tech are implicated, though.

The fact that you can use the retrieved card immediately (in an Anson/Nana/Rumors/Parthenon etc. situation) appears to be a reasonable contributor to the issue Pascal has, exacerbating it somewhat. If you used Anthelios during your influence phase (or if he could errata it to that, which he doesn't want to without reprints, it appears), that might have swayed him too - although the card would have to be subtly reworded because you can't exactly use a master phase action there and then to pay for it, but something could be found, I'm sure. (Something as simple as: "You have one fewer master phase action next turn" isn't hard to imagine.)

So while the issue doesn't appear to be "I want to kill MMPA decks stone dead", it does appear that bits of MMPA are a factor in the thought process.

More
26 Jan 2016 00:20 #75231 by Pascal Bertrand

About the clarifications:

[6.1.3 Equip] To equip with one or more equipment cards currently possessed by one of your other minions, tap the acting minion (the minion who is attempting to get the equipment cards) and announce the equipment cards he is getting.

In the rules every other action (including equipping) requires announcing the action first then tapping the minion.

Not crazy important but should be consistent. It is the reason why a minion can attempt to Mind Numb itself before failing since he is only tapped after he announces the action.

Hm, good catch. Announce, and then tap.
The major clarification here was that each chosen equipment cad is announced as part of the terms of the action.

More
02 Feb 2016 19:06 #75319 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

Just heard from Jussi. He says he can't get to it this upcoming week, but possibly the week after.

Will he add the last set also then? The one with Mithras, Dracon and those dudes?

Yes.

To be remembered, please! B)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
02 Feb 2016 22:22 #75321 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

Just heard from Jussi. He says he can't get to it this upcoming week, but possibly the week after.

Will he add the last set also then? The one with Mithras, Dracon and those dudes?

Yes.

To be remembered, please! B)

So send him an email. :P

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds