file Would you accept tournaments with Proxies ? and Why

28 Feb 2014 15:10 #59473 by librarian
Color prints for most people are not free. Also, if the DM rules are followed, you actually need a VTES/Jyhad card in their behind your proxy. So at the very least, you'll need enough cards as backers.

I do agree, if you open the proxy box, it's pretty tough to go back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2014 19:00 - 28 Feb 2014 19:03 #59486 by Trochomancy
Allowing proxies won't help getting new players. Building immediately tournament capable deck with 12 Ashurs shouldn't be the first thing for players testing vtes game :)

Proxies are also UGLY, and vtes has been visually great looking game.

a-e: if proxies allowed, would you really color print and cut proxies matching your entire collection? :)
Last edit: 28 Feb 2014 19:03 by Trochomancy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
28 Feb 2014 19:08 #59487 by ReverendRevolver
I need:

146 more freak drives

14 baltimore purge
17 summon history
12 more deep song
56 more eyes of argus
36 more MotS
35 more rego motus
8 enkil cogs
14 sirens lure
8 coagulatedentity
17 nuetr guard
38 more carlton
14 jake washington
23 cogs
76 more taste of vitae
45 more target vitals
78 more deflections

Thats alot of money. I may never get the numbers i want/need or get to build sirens rush or mass purge, but you know what?

No proxies. Me not playing what i cant is preferred, and im still very upset DM is proxies. Im quote against the while damn thing. You allow my want list to become legal proxies, eventually we dont use real cards, amd we are that shitty has been game where they use printer paper now.

Im against legal proxies, and only accept DM ones because wed be so screwed without new cards, and nobody had the time(time is and will always be/cost money) to negotiate Pod when we tried with the license holders.

More
28 Feb 2014 19:20 #59491 by BenPeal

Then again, if some company would continue printing vtes later on and then would all proxies be banned, that would be the point when I'd stop playing.

What about this scenario:

Some cards are allowed to be proxied in tournaments for reasons of affordability.

New company starts printing V:TES again.

Proxies no longer allowed, but the previously-proxied cards are now affordable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

More
28 Feb 2014 19:23 #59492 by ReverendRevolver

Then again, if some company would continue printing vtes later on and then would all proxies be banned, that would be the point when I'd stop playing.

What about this scenario:

Some cards are allowed to be proxied in tournaments for reasons of affordability.

New company starts printing V:TES again.

Proxies no longer allowed, but the previously-proxied cards are now affordable.

Cant we just send fruit baskets to ccp and hasbro until we are back in print or they end up with more fruit than furniture?

You know, skip crappy proxy cog decade entirely?

More
28 Feb 2014 19:26 #59493 by BenPeal

Cant we just send fruit baskets to ccp and hasbro until we are back in print or they end up with more fruit than furniture?

You know, skip crappy proxy cog decade entirely?

Well, yes, ideally the game goes back into print and expensive cards become affordable. I think the question about proxies comes from the perspective of not knowing when, if ever, that will happen and what can be done in the meantime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds