question-circle Pentex Subversion Poll #2 and Discussion

Poll: Possible fixes for Pentex Subversion (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
18 Mar 2014 19:39 #60080 by kombainas
In general, I have a problem with a card being auto-include. At least in my deckes, Pentex Subversion and Giant's Blood are always worth a slot.

GB is just a power-staller, either giving you a free refill (might be huge, might be small, might be none) or denying that opportunity for someone else.

However, Pentex is a power-disabler, either shutting-off key minions for 1+ turn, or protecting you from the same fate just by sitting in your hand.

It is debatable whether Pentex breaks games or not, it does make decks that little bit more similar. I see little difference between Pentex/GB and Lilith's Blessing in their auto-includeness, therefore I cannot see why they should not be banned and errataed later just like Lilith's Blessing (probably) will be.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2014 06:22 - 19 Mar 2014 06:23 #60091 by Ankha

In general, I have a problem with a card being auto-include. At least in my deckes, Pentex Subversion and Giant's Blood are always worth a slot.

I would agree if the game was perfectly balanced without Pentex, meaning that high-cap star vampires would be naturally regulated by the game mecanics. It is not the case.
As the game is, Pentex is one of the card that makes the game balanced. Banning it (or even errating it) would lead, in my opinion, to less balanced games.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Mar 2014 06:23 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Squidalot, Hakuron, Pendargon, Zenedar, Zoroh

More
29 May 2014 15:17 #62859 by ReverendRevolver

I would agree if the game was perfectly balanced without Pentex, meaning that high-cap star vampires would be naturally regulated by the game mecanics. It is not the case.
As the game is, Pentex is one of the card that makes the game balanced. Banning it (or even errating it) would lead, in my opinion, to less balanced games.

Hate bringing this up again, but....

I played last tuesday, first time in awhile. I wanted to test my Ariadne rebuild, as i havent ran Gangrel in like a year or more, and new version was built, then retooled with more intercept.
I run 5 Ariadne in 12 crypt cards. No Ariadne in opening 4. Got out Bernard the scrouge, played army of rats, freak drive, deepsong bleed. Pulled out 3 cap. Got pentexed. Hand shits on me allgame. Ariadne gets out, predators next turn Helena seeds of corruptions her. Eventually burn pentex, Ariadne is 8 pool and an abombwe skill carx of no special text, per seeds, and i had no blocking ability, even though reaction package went from like 8 cards to 17. She burns pentex, freak drive, take action to burn seeds. Hands are negated by kevlar. Prey burns rats, predator pentexes Ariadne. 3 cap fails at burning pentex. Bernard burns pentex. Ariadne tries seeds action. Helena blocks.

I agg poke helena, amaranth, take her skin, and predators prince votes me to burn, naturally.

I get ousted like a bitch, my rats, a bleex of 2, and paying for Cybele amd an UHF are all that hit my preys pool.

Analysis:
Never agree to a 3 player table witb untested fun deck.

Dont play Gangrel withouf accepting you WILL PROBABLY LOSE

Threaten your deck before the game so it knows it will be in trouble if you dont draw stealth and intercept when needed.

Lastly:

Pentex happens. Alot, apparently. We dont ALL have several in every deck, but sometimes we draw it, sometimes we dont. Ive ousted by unpinning my pentexed minion by contesting pentex. Ive set up dragonbound ousts with pentex and blocking the burn action religiously, even losing jack to keep pentex.

I just got pentexed twice by the only two people at the table other than myself, first and only game in moths, and before the NAC of all things. Not as soul crushing as seeds of corruption.

Pentex is needed.

Had my deck worked, or even had i not been seeded, my predator wouldve been eaten twice, and my prey either ousted by two bleeds of 3 from one vamp in one turn, followed by the same after i ate my preds other vamp, or tension with blocking wouldve gotten him. Pentex is a needed thing. Even when i hate it.

More
29 May 2014 21:16 #62869 by Boris The Blade
tl;dr: Pentex is needed so that you can make up excuses for losing :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian, ReverendRevolver, Pascek

More
29 May 2014 22:46 #62870 by ReverendRevolver

tl;dr: Pentex is needed so that you can make up excuses for losing :P

I always blame Arika for me losing. Especially if nobody is playing her :)

More
29 May 2014 23:45 #62872 by Pascek
Sudden Reversal, Wash, Not to be ( for the Anthelios ), Bleeding the Vine should get a slot on decks to... Pentex is strong but not "changeable strong", in my opinion.

:bruj: :DOM::FOR::POT::PRE::PRO:
Roberto Mautone Jr.
Praetor

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds